Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default New legislation in PA Pending?

I thought I heard on the radio today (AM 580) that legislation was submitted to charge $20 to hunt on PA game lands and even to hike on PA game lands. Anyone else hear about this?
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by BankerA
    I thought I heard on the radio today (AM 580) that legislation was submitted to charge $20 to hunt on PA game lands and even to hike on PA game lands. Anyone else hear about this?
    Nope, I haven't heard anything like that. I did hear that the cost of the hunting license was going to increase $15 or $20 for the 2006-2007 season though. I still think it's a good value for what you get.
    -Smitty
    South West PA

(Carbon County)

Had not heard that about paying $ for Hiking too....seems pretty bizarre if you ask me.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Clinton County)

What I had heard was the Game Commission was thinking about making people who use State Land for hunting buy a stamp (similar to a trout stamp) to go with your hunting license. Of course it will be an extra charge of15 or 20 dollars.

I read an article regarding this, but I can't find it. If I do I will post it.
    Last edited by irish40s&w; March 29th, 2006 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

(Somerset County)

I don't know how I missed that.
    Rep. Bruce Smith, R-92, the chairman of the House Game and Fisheries Committee, is introducing a bill that would create a $20 conservation stamp that both hunters and non-hunters — such as hikers and bird-watchers — would have to purchase to use state game lands.
    I just read a little about it at huntingpa.com
    Last edited by 63-Yankee; March 29th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
    -Smitty
    South West PA

(Clinton County)

Thanks for the link.

(Lycoming County)

Smile

Thanks for the info...I was beginning to think I was hearing things.
    I appreciate the link!
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Bucks County)

Default Hiking tax...

Anybody know the status of this bill? A tax for hiking or birdwatching...

(Potter County)

I think that it makes it fair for everyone. Other states do it. Think about it:
    Hunting license fees, as well as taxes collected from the Pittman-Robertson Act, are all used to help support state and federal hunting areas. The non-hunter now has access to SGLs and Federal Reserves because of hunters spending their hard earned money. In many cases, these non-hunters are the ones trying to stop/decrease hunting in many areas, yet they reap the benefits of SGL use for FREE.
    I don't mind paying the extra money, as long as non-hunters pay that same fee.

(Armstrong County)

IMO a hunting license should be required to set foot on a SGL. It isn't public land. It's hunting land bought by hunters for hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast