Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default No guns for store owners, community leaders say

Such incredible stupidity makes your blood boil!!

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/central...y/1201210.html

No guns for store owners, community leaders say
    By JIM GUY, The Fresno Bee

FRESNO -- Owners of area convenience and liquor stores are vulnerable to robbery but should not arm themselves to fight off bandits, as an employee of a liquor store did Sunday night, a leader of Fresno's Indian-American community said Monday.

One bandit was shot and killed after he tried to rob the U-Save Liquor store in the 4600 block of Tulare Avenue, police said. A man who police say was a lookout for the gunman fled the store after the 8:24 p.m. robbery attempt.

Fernando Valencia, 29, of Fresno was identified Monday as the slain bandit.

Police said Valencia went into the store, pointed a gun at the clerk and demanded cash. Valencia blocked the clerk's path when he tried to escape, so the clerk, fearing for his life, pulled out a handgun and shot Valencia, police said. Valencia died in the store.

The employee was not identified.

Harry Gill, a leader of the Indian-American community and a Caruthers businessman, said Monday that he did not think firearms are the answer to such robberies. Gill owned a liquor store where Rajinder Kumar, 36, was killed in 2001 when he tried to defend himself with a handgun from an armed robbery at the store near Marks and Ashlan.

Gill said store owners and employees would be safer by limiting the amount of cash on hand to $50 and use video cameras and alarm systems.

"For their own safety, I don't think they should carry any type of arms," Gill said of store owners.

Yes, video cameras will protect you. At least we can see just how they killed you! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: No guns for store owners, community leaders say

Does anyone else find irony in that the shitbird was shot and killed in a place called "U-SAVE" Liquor Store? Sorry, it just sort of jumped out at me. Then he is identified as the "slain bandit", that sounds cool. Sorry again

Ole' Harry Gill, the Community Leader, is using an example from 8, or so, years ago as why not to use a firearm. While there is an example of the proper use of a defensive firearm right here, right now. I bet Rajinder Kumar, Gill's employee that was killed in 2001, wishes he had one.

Remember boys and girls, Mr. Gill says "For their own safety, I don't think they should carry any type of arms".

Be safe (and I take a pint of American Honey, I hear U-SAVE is cheap).

Scott

Totally backwards thinking. Who's this guy trying to protect? The Bad guys?

That's almost as absurd as asking the criminals to not use guns when committing crimes, for the safety of the employees.

Got to wonder how some people ever survived to see adulthood.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    Totally backwards thinking. Who's this guy trying to protect? The Bad guys?

That's almost as absurd as asking the criminals to not use guns when committing crimes, for the safety of the employees.

Got to wonder how some people ever survived to see adulthood.
    These adults are the reason this country is so screwed up.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Does anyone else find irony in that the shitbird was shot and killed in a place called "U-SAVE" Liquor Store? Sorry, it just sort of jumped out at me. Then he is identified as the "slain bandit", that sounds cool. Sorry again

Ole' Harry Gill, the Community Leader, is using an example from 8, or so, years ago as why not to use a firearm. While there is an example of the proper use of a defensive firearm right here, right now. I bet Rajinder Kumar, Gill's employee that was killed in 2001, wishes he had one.

Remember boys and girls, Mr. Gill says "For their own safety, I don't think they should carry any type of arms".

Be safe (and I take a pint of American Honey, I hear U-SAVE is cheap).

Scott
    He did have one

Gill owned a liquor store where Rajinder Kumar, 36, was killed in 2001 when he tried to defend himself with a handgun from an armed robbery at the store near Marks and Ashlan.
    But, what should have happened was Gill making sure his employees had the training they needed to use the handgun for self-defense. Not disarming them and making them a statistic.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw6263 View Post

Gill said store owners and employees would be safer by limiting the amount of cash on hand to $50 and use video cameras and alarm systems.

"For their own safety, I don't think they should carry any type of arms," Gill said of store owners.[/COLOR][/I]

Yes, video cameras will protect you. At least we can see just how they killed you! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did these asshats form these ridiculous opinions? Gangbangers will kill you for 30 cents, or for nothing to gain "street cred". If ya ask me you should be charged with negligence if you don't protect yourself .

This whole country is seriously UPSIDE DOWN.

I suppose liqour store clerks should resort to "harsh language" to protect themselves.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    He did have one
    Good catch, thanks. I was so set on making that argument that I missed an important fact.

Be safe (and read the WHOLE story before shooting mouth off).

Scott

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Good catch, thanks. I was so set on making that argument that I missed an important fact.

Be safe (and read the WHOLE story before shooting mouth off).

Scott
    Sort of. But the point is still there that just because a firearm failed to be utilized effectively at one point that they should be banned. That would be like saying that since airbags and a seat belt failed to save one person in an accident 8 years ago, they should be outlawed now. Despite the fact that they may have saved someone yesterday.

(Westmoreland County)

"For their own safety, I don't think they should carry any type of arms," Gill said of store owners.
    When will people learn that being at the mercy of an attacker is safer than taking steps at protecting themselves with arms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast