Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Crappy Range/EXCELLENT RANGE!!

I've gone shooting at Anthony Arms by the Allegheny County Airport quite a few times and I always leave disappointed and wondering where all my money went . . . They only allow pistols, you have to buy their ammo and personally, I am not a fan of the indoor range experience in general . . . There's just something about paying a bunch of money to shoot at paper that isn't very satisfying for me . . . Their people have been very hit or miss too . . . I've bought a few guns there, and as I said gone shooting a lot and despite the fact that I've dropped a grand or so into their store this year, a few of the people have been real dicks to me but a few have been pretty nice . . . Overall, I like it as a gun store but I'll probably never go shooting there again . . .

This place on the other hand is fantastic . . .

Pittcain Monroeville Sportsmen's Club
    505 Mosside Blvd
    North Versailles, PA 15137
    http://www.pmsconline.com/

I went there with went a friend of mine (you have to be a member or know a member to get in though) and it was amazing . . . They have everything you could possibly imagine, all kinds of target ranges and lots of open space . . . There is an indoor range but we did all of our shooting outside . . . You can fire rifles, shotguns, pistols, bows, anything . . . I brought about 75 high brass shotgun shells, 150 FMJ 9mm rounds, a couple of pop bottles to shoot and I came home with no ammo and a huge smile! It was the most fun I have ever had shooting and a yearly membership costs about what a trip or two to anthony arms would . . . I plan on getting a membership as soon as I have some disposable income (and more ammo) . . . Check them out!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Crappy Range/EXCELLENT RANGE!!

Why patronize a place that is hit or miss, or outright blows? The first time I get boned by any place(and this pertains not only to gun stores), I find another place to spend my time and cash. Don't get caught up in the "well its better than no place" type of thinking. There's always another place, as you seemed to have found by posting the info on the other outfit. My advice to you is, dump place number one, and go to place number two exclusively. If place # 2 bones you, then find another place.