Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Lightbulb Shooters Delight indoor range.

I stopped at Shooters Delight today, because I wanted to see what their indoor range looked like. The fellow that was working was real nice and he showed me the range. The price to shoot is cheap and you can bring your own supplies. They rent a few firearms but the selection didn't appear to be large. As a matter of fact and only based on what I saw in the lobby area, they don't appear to have a large selection of anything firearm related. But take my opinion with a grain of salt because the building, lobby area and shooting range are large enough. There was also a lot of shot brass in the range area, so it appears the range is well used.

Anyway, I've had an itch to shoot the last few days, and it's probably been over 15 years since I shot indoors so I decided to put a few down range. 100 rounds of .38 special in 30 minutes. It costs $6.50 for 30 minutes. One hour is $11 and a second person shooting from the same lane pays half those prices.

The range is ventilated well, which is probably why it was a little chilly inside, but I get cold easily. I was in a mood to shoot but not necessarily indoors, even though I did. I get in shooting moods that aren't easy to explain, but I can lose the mood quickly. I was the only one shooting, the range seemed chilly and the lighting dim, so I left with a ho hum opinion of the place that I believe is mostly a false first time impression.

The place certainly has great potentials if they're truly lacking any. Their prices are affordable and the one fellow that I saw working was nice and talkative, so don't put off visiting them based on my opinion. I'd return to shoot again, and it would be a nice place to have a gathering of some type. I've seen this range talked about on the board but I can't say I've seen much info about it other then the address and phone number.....

Hours (as of today's date)
    Closed Monday
    Tuesday - Friday 11am - 8pm
    Saturday 9 - 5
    Sunday 1pm - 5pm

It's a 50 yards range with markings at 10, 25 and 50 yards. I believe there were 10 stalls and only one stall can be used for rifle?

The sign out front now does read "Shooters Delight."
    1390 Edenville Road
    Chambersburg, PA
    (717) 262-0060
    I did see a sign for a machine gun rental, so ask about it as well as their other firearm rental selections.
    Last edited by Peddler; December 8th, 2009 at 06:01 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Shooters Delight indoor range.

I've been there quite a bit. It is nice to let of some steam indoors when it's crappy out.

I forget the guys name, but I believe he is a retired LEO for Chambersburg. (Glenn?)

I want to get a meet and greet there sometime. There is plenty of BS room in the front and quite a few lanes in the back. I think the back could stand to be fixed up a little bit.

Maybe I'll stop in there tomorrow and see if they need any part time help.

I think the range is in Feet, not in Yards. But I'm not 100% on that.

(Franklin County)

did he say anything about closing, been hearing rumors????
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    did he say anything about closing, been hearing rumors????
    I know he never looks busy, I've heard that too. I haven't heard anything recently though.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Peddler View Post
    The sign out front now does read "Shooters Delight."
    I thought it's always said that. If I recall, Shooter's Delight was the original name, but it closed for a while, and then re-opened as 'Shooter's Range', but the sign was never changed (for $$ I'm assuming).

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    I forget the guys name, but I believe he is a retired LEO for Chambersburg. (Glenn?)
    Yeah, it's Glenn, and he is retired LEO from the Chambersburg PD. Glen's the manager. From what I understand, the actual owners don't live in the area. Glen is also not a fan of OC in public, but I doubt he'd bother anyone walking through the door OC.

The only think I don't like is that the actual range isn't climate controlled, so in the winter, when the ventilation is running (which is anytime someone is shooting), it's cold, and in the summer, it's hot. Unless there is precip falling, it's not a whole lot different than just shooting outside.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I thought it's always said that. If I recall, Shooter's Delight was the original name, but it closed for a while, and then re-opened as 'Shooter's Range', but the sign was never changed (for $$ I'm assuming).

Yeah, it's Glenn, and he is retired LEO from the Chambersburg PD. Glen's the manager. From what I understand, the actual owners don't live in the area. Glen is also not a fan of OC in public, but I doubt he'd bother anyone walking through the door OC.

The only think I don't like is that the actual range isn't climate controlled, so in the winter, when the ventilation is running (which is anytime someone is shooting), it's cold, and in the summer, it's hot. Unless there is precip falling, it's not a whole lot different than just shooting outside.
    Yeah, it would be nice if it was a little more climate controlled. But I understand if it isn't bringing in a whole lot of income to cover it.

I've OC'ed my Px4 when I went in there to shoot and he didn't say anything, nor did I get any bad vibes. I've noticed he OC's a pistol of some sort in there but I'm sure that's to stop the loonies

(Franklin County)

Hay folks. Thanks for chiming in. It appears I was correct about a few things and wrong about others. The range distance is in feet, not in yards. It's been a long time since I've been to any range because we have a makeshift range on the property and I know a few others with shooting areas on their property.

For the price, Shooters Delight is very affordable. I believe it's cheaper then the indoor ranges I shot at in Florida many years ago. Of course they were huge indoor ranges and climate controlled but they had the same feel. For some reason I don't find shooting indoors as enjoyable as outdoors. I also remember coming home from the climate controlled ranges with my nostrils and face full of black residue. Oddly, I didn't happen after shooting at SD.

I really want to get up to the Michaux range someday soon. I have a metal realtors frame I can take for targets. The couple of times, when I was ready to go up there the weather hadn't been the greatest. I believe I've read that the road to the range gets muddy and I'm not much on driving or shooting in mud.

A few of us do have to get together sometime soon though. It appears there are a good few members in the immediate area and we've recently had some new folks/members move to the area from out of state. We could get together before Christmas and gift each other a bullet. Hint- I want a silver bullet in .38 special.

I believe I have a solution to a meet and greet. A lot of members appear to rally when one of our own needs support. I can run out and do something stupid that gets me arrested. I'd make sure my rights are violated to the extreme. Cavity search, the whole nine yards. We could have a nice dinner afterwards.
    Last edited by Peddler; December 9th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

(Franklin County)

Yeah, it would be nice if it was a little more climate controlled. But I understand if it isn't bringing in a whole lot of income to cover it.
    Chicken and egg. I'd go more often and even pay more than he charges now if the conditions were indeed better than an outdoor range where I already pay a membership fee.

I've OC'ed my Px4 when I went in there to shoot and he didn't say anything, nor did I get any bad vibes. I've noticed he OC's a pistol of some sort in there but I'm sure that's to stop the loonies
    It's ok in a gun-related business, just not anywhere where the sheeple might get scared. I used to occasionally drop off a handful of the gun right's flyers for his counter, and one day he asked if I had seen the story in the paper and went on to note how all of "that guy's" problems were a result of his OC. I just said, "Yeah, but based on the law the Sheriff was clearly wrong to revoke, and that's why I got my LTCF back." That seemed to shut him up for the moment.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

It's ok in a gun-related business, just not anywhere where the sheeple might get scared. I used to occasionally drop off a handful of the gun right's flyers for his counter, and one day he asked if I had seen the story in the paper and went on to note how all of "that guy's" problems were a result of his OC. I just said, "Yeah, but based on the law the Sheriff was clearly wrong to revoke, and that's why I got my LTCF back." That seemed to shut him up for the moment.
    LOL. I woul've paid money to have been there to see that...

(Adams County)

I finally made it there today and had a great time. It was cold, but he said he is waiting for the furnace guy to show up, the furnace has been acting up and he was suprised it came on at all. I took my friend along and, other than the couple at the rifle lane, we were the only ones there. I didn't get the guy's name, but he was terrific, very helpful. Since we had never been there he took us into the back and showed us how to run the lane, lights, cable run. After our hour of shooting, which included four silhouettes and a loner pair of glasses, the total came to just over $20. I asked to see the Kel-Tec he had in the display since I am looking for a CC weapon, and we ended up talking for quite a while. He showed me several other CC weapons he has there, and I think I may end up buying a Khar instead. All in all It was a great experience. I think we should definitely have a get together there sometime soon. Well, as soon as I restock my ammo. We fired 250 rds, now I'm a little low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast