Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default looking for a new cc...PLEASE HELP

hey guys, i carry a .38 spl snub right now, only gives me 4 rounds since it's a 5 shot and i leave the hammer resting on an empty chamber (very cautious). want to trade it in for a bigger capacity sub compact semi auto. Any suggestions? I am looking at the keltecs and the bersas. any other ideas?

(Chester County)

Default Re: looking for a new cc...PLEASE HELP

I'm guessing you want to stay small given the fact you mentioned keltec and bersa. Maybe you should look into a Ruger LCP.

(Berks County)

Don't overlook the SA XD SC 9 or 40. The 9 carries 13+1 and includes a 16+1 magazine. I'm not sure about the mags on the 40. I cc mine in a IWB kholster. does a very good job.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    hey guys, i carry a .38 spl snub right now, only gives me 4 rounds since it's a 5 shot and i leave the hammer resting on an empty chamber (very cautious). want to trade it in for a bigger capacity sub compact semi auto. Any suggestions? I am looking at the keltecs and the bersas. any other ideas?
    Unless it's a very old revolver with no transfer bar, I'd learn to use all five holes in that cylinder and save your money.
    Even if you buy a semi-auto...are you planning to carry with an empty chamber?
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Huntingdon County)

I am a true GLOCK fan, so I'd suggest a G26 . Incredibly reliable , and accurate . Also , I really like the Beretta Px4 Storm .40 cal in the subcompact .
    Both are really great guns , and very concealable .
    Glock 19 9x19 mm

(Erie County)

There's no good reason to carry a modern revolver with an empty chamber, and any auto of a similar size won't gain you more than two or three rounds, plus those rounds will probably be of a lighter caliber (.380 or .32). I agree with RoyJackson, learn to trust your weapon and spend your extra money on ammo for practice.

(Monroe County)

I would second or third the statement to trust the revolver with five shots and be better prepared if you spent the extra money on practice ammo or training.

If however you are set on getting a semi-auto I can suggest two. I have a P3AT with crimson trace that is very light and can go anywhere with me.
    I also carry a glock 26 that has a ten round mag and gets a fifteen round G19 magazine when concealment allows or it is on the nightstand.
    Happy shopping and let us know what you decide.

(Monroe County)

if you are looking at very concealable check out the Kahr CW series, comes in 9, 40, and 45. i think the CW9 and CW40 hold 7+1, the CW45 holds 6+1

http://www.kahr.com/PA.html

also don't rule out the double stack sub compacts like the M&P9c and the XD Sub Compact

there are also a few great offerings in the 1911 realm, but they are more pricey
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonL View Post
    I am a true GLOCK fan, so I'd suggest a G26 . Incredibly reliable , and accurate . Also , I really like the Beretta Px4 Storm .40 cal in the subcompact .
    Both are really great guns , and very concealable .
    I was recently looking at the PX4 SC's and I don't believe they have released the .40 version yet. Every shop I talk to has no idea on when they are going to be getting them either.

As far as CC I'd look into the Glock 26, although I am now trading my G19 for a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was able to concel the 19 without to much of an issue and I'm expecting the Ultra Carry II to be the same if not easier. BTW 6'1" 215lbs

(Huntingdon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJRC View Post
    I was recently looking at the PX4 SC's and I don't believe they have released the .40 version yet. Every shop I talk to has no idea on when they are going to be getting them either.

As far as CC I'd look into the Glock 26, although I am now trading my G19 for a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was able to concel the 19 without to much of an issue and I'm expecting the Ultra Carry II to be the same if not easier. BTW 6'1" 215lbs
    Yeah , the Px4 is available in .40 cal , I was a signature away from buying one, then I decided on the Glock . They just must be hard to find . The store I was in had two of them , at the time. I have no problems concealing the G19 either . I am 6'2'' , 215lbs . Great gun , and fun to shoot .
    Glock 19 9x19 mm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast