Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Angry Re: Will US Soldiers Take Our Guns? "A Critical Decision"

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post

Lol at NATO invading the US.
    I agree with all you points, right up until you stated this. You see, the problem isn't that NATO will INVADE the USA, no, they will come after Obozo gives them the engraved invitation to participate in Joint Exercises with US Troops. They will just HAPPEN to be here when the SHTF. There won't be an invasion.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Will US Soldiers Take Our Guns? "A Critical Decision"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mber_of_troops

More than likely not an accurate list, but gives a good idea what troop levels are kept around the world. Lets be honest, NATO as an organization couldn't field enough troops to match the amount of people who visit this forum.

If it came to a civil war, depending on how the fracture of the nation went, we would see possible NATO movement to bolster the side they want to win. At least that is my take on it.

I'd like to think that some in the military and police force would balk but recent history shows that to be false.

From Katrina to the mass shooting in Alabama? (Georgia?) just a few months ago. To the film from Alex Jones and the our troops training in this country it's pretty clear that most will just follow orders. Young or old, GED or PHD they all seem to go along.

There may be a few deserters but not enough to change anything.

As far as the rest of the story and whether there will be a major calamity, I have no idea. But policing and Martial law of the whole country just doesn't seem possible. Civil war and Fema camp roundups seem even less likely.

And I'm a conspiracy theory nut! But this one's so over the top that even I'm a skeptic.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stephpd View Post
    As far as the rest of the story and whether there will be a major calamity, I have no idea. But policing and Martial law of the whole country just doesn't seem possible. Civil war and Fema camp roundups seem even less likely.

And I'm a conspiracy theory nut! But this one's so over the top that even I'm a skeptic.
    exactly.

i'm also not overly confident that many marines, soldiers, guardsmen, etc. would not follow orders to disarm people. some wouldn't, but there certainly are some who would also follow any order. (my own personal experience says the army pays lip service to the idea of not following unlawful orders but actually expects every soldier to unquestionably follow every order, but i can't speak in generalities and do not know what the general response would be.)

this survey is kind of interesting:

http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/BBStext/shootus.htm

of course, a real life situation would likely be less clear cut and more fluid which may lead to people escalating to actions they would not have taken just starting from scratch.

at any rate, i am quite sure there is not going to be a civil war by the end of the year (or anytime soon thereafter). i am also quite sure that 200,000 troops are not being quietly redeployed to implement martial law by the end of the year (or anytime soon thereafter).
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I agree with all you points, right up until you stated this. You see, the problem isn't that NATO will INVADE the USA, no, they will come after Obozo gives them the engraved invitation to participate in Joint Exercises with US Troops. They will just HAPPEN to be here when the SHTF. There won't be an invasion.
    exactly, no invasion but an invitation, it been talked about for a very long time. there may even be a folder locked away with the actual plan.
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Allegheny County)

maybe you guys should pick up a copy of this......

will scare the crap out of you!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    will scare the crap out of you!!!!
    it might if the UN were not such a completely ineffectual organization.

they have all kinds of *plans*...
    F*S=k

(Susquehanna County)

[QUOTE=556slinger;1006068
    It would be damn near impossible to get a soldier to kill his brother, father or son and desecrate the very thing they swore to protect. However, it would be way to simple to call in the world wide gun grabbers (NATO) who will show no bias to U.S. citizens.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think so? Professional soldiers will follow orders. They had absolutely no problem turning machine guns on the Bonus Army marchers during the 1930s they'll have no problem doing it now. Especially after they get fed a line of donkey dust by the administration about how they're saving the Union by putting down these miscreant reactionaries.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Berks County)

No. That "lawful order" thing.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    What makes you think so? Professional soldiers will follow orders. They had absolutely no problem turning machine guns on the Bonus Army marchers during the 1930s they'll have no problem doing it now. Especially after they get fed a line of donkey dust by the administration about how they're saving the Union by putting down these miscreant reactionaries.
    our military is much smarter and much softer these days though.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast