Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Smile Wild Hog hunting in Bucks County

Wow, what a day. Spent the night in Mount Pocono Comfort Inn, woke up late because the alarm clock didn't go off. Got int othe woods just in time for sunup. Hunted all day (I gotta lose fifty pounds or die, at least it feels that way) and only saw 4 doe. Drive all the way back to Bucks county. Carry all the gear into the house and wife asks if it's legal to hunt pigs in Bucks County. Side note here: my wife's favorite past-time is to ask me a question and see if she can get me to give her an extremely technical, and long-winded answer. So, I launch into an explanation of how wild hogs have gotten into PA and the "official Game Commission" stance on how to handle it. I finish, and she says, "So, it's legal to hunt hogs in Pa?" I say yes. She says ,"well then, get your gun back out because there is one running loose in the park behind the house"! For real ? I ask. She says "Yeah, somebody let a baby pot-belly pig get loose and it is running back and forth in the park. They have been trying to catch it all day!" I went out with a flashlight and found it pretty quickly. He's about the size of my neighbors youngest pug, and he's jet black. Oh , and this is one really fast little porker! I couldn't catch him, and he has been running most of the day. We'll try again tomorrow.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Wild Hog hunting in Bucks County

That's cool, go catch his little porky ass. I hear that they are smart ans make great pets. However this one seems to be too smart and misbehaved.

(Bucks County)

Cool Re: Wild Hog hunting in Bucks County

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    That's cool, go catch his little porky ass. I hear that they are smart ans make great pets. However this one seems to be too smart and misbehaved.
    I know this, he didn't smoke for thirty plus years. Or, if he did, he didn't inhale! I chased him for a little bit. There is an old saying about teaching a pig to dance. Don't try to teach a pig to dance. You will only get bruised and muddy, and the pig will enjoy it!
    I know this one was squealing with delight, or it seemed so, every time I got close and he executed a 180 degree turn and I tumbled helplessly out of control. Yep, muddy and bruised, and he enjoyed it.

(Monroe County)

I hope you catch the little fellow, they are a lot of fun, i hope the owner will be glad to get him back, if not keep him for yourself, they are very smart and loyal to their families.

Use a cast net to catch him , if you know a fisherman borrow a cast net and just cast him.

Nyman
    Last edited by mrnyman; December 9th, 2009 at 01:26 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    owner will be glad to get him back
    Huh?, owner get him back? WTF! You mean he is not going to eat it? Did you not read the OP about them being lawful to harvest? j/k

Be safe (and have a luau).

Scott

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    I hear they make great sandwiches, lol
    No longer posting

(Union County)

Talking Re: Wild Hog hunting in Bucks County

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    Huh?, owner get him back? WTF! You mean he is not going to eat it? Did you not read the OP about them being lawful to harvest? j/k

Be safe (and have a luau).

Scott
    I hear they make A great sandwich!, lol
    Buhdeep buhdeep, THTHTHAT'S ALL FOLKS!

(Beaver County)

Hey you cant eat them. A little story, a friend bought a pot belly at a sale for 30 bucks about 200 lb, said for another 30 i can get it butchered, hey a lot of meat for the money. Well the pork chops were as big as a dinner plate with a piece of meat as big as a quater in the middle we laughed so hard it was all fat. I have a pet potbely that i tried to get Rich and little Ritchy to take back to the poconos, just kidding he is my favorite pig and he is staying here. They are very smart and make great pets. Mine was house trained when we got him but i have never tried that out as our little cabin in the woods would not take the weight of a 300 pound barrow. His name is Willie by the way, and he follows me every where on the farm. Any ?? just ask. Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.