Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig 522 or SW M&P 15-22?

Quote Originally Posted by JMIS View Post
    I've been following this thread and decided I needed to finally pull the trigger and go get my own Sig522. I picked it up yesterday. I also added a Bushnell Trophy Multi-Reticle Red Green Dot Scope.

Looking to have some fun this weekend
    I had my 522 at the range again last week. I ran about 400rnds of fed bulk, win xpert, and fed automatch, not one malfunction. I have well over 1500 rnds through it and I think I had two malfuntions, both were bad rnds that did not fire. You will love it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I had my 522 at the range again last week. I ran about 400rnds of fed bulk, win xpert, and fed automatch, not one malfunction. I have well over 1500 rnds through it and I think I had two malfuntions, both were bad rnds that did not fire. You will love it.
    Great! Sounds like no ammo problems.

(Pike County)

shot my 15-22 today for the first time. time only allowed me to shoot less than 50 rounds but it ate the Federals without a hiccup. Afterwards shot a friends .223 and have to say the feel of both were very similar. Will hopefully shoot more on Friday, and have a better feel for it, but first impressions tell me it will not be allowed to gather dust. Great shooter.
    Harry(hgsw67)

(Blair County)

Had my 522 swat out again today, put a 4x16x40 on it and can now make single hole to 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. Also messed around with ammo today . fired winchester red box, cci velociter, stinger, aguilla 60 gr, and have it now zeroed for the Winchester match ammo. All fed fine, no hiccups. The 60 gr stuff hits about 2 inches low at 50 yards smells horrible and smokes like crazy...actually had smoke slowly wafting out from between the upper and lower burning my eyes pretty bad....will have to try this in the pistol. It is very quiet and is supposed to pack quite a punch. With the match ammo I was easily making single holes at 50 yards. Im noticing the higher the velocity the larger the groups and have a few more strays.

(York County)

Has anyone seen barrel shroud's for the Sig 522 anywhere? I've seen them made for the M&P15-22 here http://nortje.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php, but can't seem to find anyone making fake silencers/barrel shrouds for the Sig. Any help??

Has anyone seen barrel shroud's for the Sig 522 anywhere? I've seen them made for the M&P15-22 here http://nortje.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php, but can't seem to find anyone making fake silencers/barrel shrouds for the Sig. Any help??
    Forget the barrel shrouds and fake suppressors and go for the real thing. My 522 wears an Outback II and it was worth every penny and the wait! Still has some sonic crack to it with regular ammo, but CB's or subsonic make for one hell of a good time. I don't get out to the range much, but with the suppressor I find myself going out in the yard and shooting at least 3 times a week.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    Forget the barrel shrouds and fake suppressors and go for the real thing. My 522 wears an Outback II and it was worth every penny and the wait! Still has some sonic crack to it with regular ammo, but CB's or subsonic make for one hell of a good time. I don't get out to the range much, but with the suppressor I find myself going out in the yard and shooting at least 3 times a week.
    Trust me, I understand that....but my job makes it hard to maintain control of NFA items, so I'm waiting till I retire.

(Berks County)

I finally got my Sig out of the house for the first time. I've had it for over a month. Shot it indoors at 50 ft. Going outside tomorrow for the first time
    25 rounds in about 20 seconds. Very happy so far
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JMIS View Post
    I finally got my Sig out of the house for the first time.
    25 rounds in about 20 seconds. Very happy so far
    More smiles to follow. If the SIG522 were any sweeter, it'd be shooting doughnuts; raised, glazed, powdered, plain, jellied, etc. Even little doughnut holes if you hand chamber them.

Best mag-fed .22 EBR in the known universe. Mag after mag after mag after mag without a hitch.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    More smiles to follow. If the SIG522 were any sweeter, it'd be shooting doughnuts; raised, glazed, powdered, plain, jellied, etc. Even little doughnut holes if you hand chamber them.

Best mag-fed .22 EBR in the known universe. Mag after mag after mag after mag without a hitch.
    I'll second that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast