Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Check out Pfrogner's Firearms; great shop!

Two thumbs up for Pfrogners firearms!

I bought a lovely little Springfield Loaded Champion today out there and can't say enough positive things about the shop. I had been looking for a 4" 1911 in a local shop for about a year and finally found this one after having basically given up.

The store is well-lit, the pistol cases are clean and neatly organized, and the long guns are on racks easily accessible for fondling. The owners are extraordinarily accommodating, polite, and patient. My wife was also treated with respect (sometimes not commonly extended to women who walk into gun stores). She is a firearm aficionado and puts up with crap from no-one (she also liked the inside of the store and amused herself rummaging around looking for new holsters for her carry pistol while I tried to decide between the Loaded and the Operator Springfields).

They put their current inventory online so that you can look and see what is in the case before you drive down to have a look in person. They are currently running extended holiday hours (and offer appointments as well). Further information can be found at this URL: www.pfrognersfirearms.com

I'll be buying from Pfrogner's again. Guaranteed.

-darin

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Check out Pfrogner's Firearms; great shop!

Pfrogner's is the best shop in Western PA. Very polite and helpful. This is the kind of shop that you can hang out in for a few hours BSing with the owners.

The indoor range is no operational and a very nice setup.

If you are near Coal Center, PA... stop in and check them out!

They will get a lot of my business for years to come.

(Armstrong County)

Yep, super nice husband and wife.
    Went there for the first time last year when my buddy picked up his AR10.
    He was running late when we got there and his wife invited us to play a few games of pool while we waited.

I have since bought a few weapons from him and will get more in the future.

(Washington County)

Agreed 100%...

Tom and Mary Pfrogner are two of the nicest people I have ever met.

He will order you anything you want for just a modest upcharge above what he pays for the firearm.

I have bought four guns through Tom now, plus he also used his FFL to have one transferred for me from GunBroker.com.

Although it's a little father from my house to Pfrogner's than it is to Ace Sporting Goods, I would rather drive the extra distance and give my business to Tom and Mary.

Definitely recommend making the drive and picking up your next firearm from Pfrogners!!!!

I have been there, but haven't bought from him yet, although I will. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and was up to just BS, and let you fondle everything, including his dogs, but I doubt his wife, in the store. I know he sponsored a gun bash for one of the local fire departments, and they said nothing but great things about him, and that he cut them such a deal on the guns on the ticket, that they could have gotten away without selling any table tickets.

(Allegheny County)

Pfrogners is one of the best gunshops - Tom and Mary (owners) are the friendliest people to deal with. They have always given me the best customer service and anyone that walks into the store gets treated like gold. Some other firearm stores act like they are doing you a favor when they sell you a $500+ gun - not Pfrogners. They are great people and I encourage everyone to check them out.

Stopped in today and picked up a lower for an AR. Nice people and good prices.

(Allegheny County)

Tom is a "neighbor" (it's out in the country - couple farms over) of a very close friend of mine. Tom is nice polite fellow and I recommend doing business with him. You will be treated fairly and honestly.

(Allegheny County)

Still a good dude. I started going here occasionally when I hung out and helped out in a nearby cigar shop 12-13 years ago. I live a decent ride away. I used to be in monthly then 1-3x a year. But haven’t been in the last 2-2.5 years. I always check his website, and a few other small ones that list current used inventory. Well this am I found what I’ve been searching for at the right price for a few years. Quick email to confirm it was in, quick reply yes. And I was in the truck on my way. Bs’ed with Tom for 90 minutes. He is salt of the earth solid dude. I highly recommend doing business with him.