Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Question Better slide stop for Kahr PM9?

My dad bought a Kahr PM9 a while ago for CCW, and while he loves 99% of the gun, the chunky, sharp-edged slide stop is beginning to bug him. He's not at all interested in ordering Kahr's (rather expensive for what you get) concealed carry modifications in order to get a beveled slide stop on a gun which is obviously intended for concealed carry and thus should have been so equipped from the very beginning.

That being said, does anyone here know of any aftermarket slide stops out there for the PM9 that are smoother and a little bit more low profile than the stock slide stop? He's not very good at searching for things on the net so I did a quick search for him and unfortunately I didn't come up with anything either. Anyone where know where a better slide stop can be obtained?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Better slide stop for Kahr PM9?

A file, dremel or belt sander would achieve the objective. If not, take it to a gunsmith and ask him to profile the slide stop to your specs. Being stainless or polymer would not require refinishing.

(Franklin County)

Yeah, I sorta suspected that it would come down to dehorning the original slide stop, just thought I'd ask first.

I believe the slide stop is stainless but it is coated with some type of finish (no idea what Kahr uses). What would you recommend using, if he decides he wants to refinish it to match the rest of the gun after working it over?

(Berks County)

On a semi-related note, if anyone knows of a gunsmith who would be able to perform some ambidextrous modifications to the PM9/MK9 (ambi slide stop and mag release), please let me know. If been mulling over a purchase of the MK9, but I'm a southpaw; if I could find someone who could do the modifications for a reasonable price, it would be pretty close to a no-brainer decision.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Cylinder and Slide offers the beveling of the slide stop for $18 plus shipping. C&S does Kahr's carry packages and offers each upgrade a-la carte on its own website.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/custom.shtml

(Bedford County)

I did mine on my Kahr P9.

simply file away until you have it how you want it. I re-shaped mine to get rid of the sharp back edge that bit my thumb. It also gives you more clearance.

As of now, mine is fine even with the smooth filed edge. Some day I will bead blast it to match if I ever remember to do it when doing another gun.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    I did mine on my Kahr P9.

simply file away until you have it how you want it. I re-shaped mine to get rid of the sharp back edge that bit my thumb. It also gives you more clearance.

As of now, mine is fine even with the smooth filed edge. Some day I will bead blast it to match if I ever remember to do it when doing another gun.
    Got a picture of that?

(Bedford County)

My old camera, along with my skills make for some pretty sh#tty pics. I took off as much of the rear of the slide stop as I could. I then tapered the rear edge and rounded off every edge on the part. Much better now. I will someday blast to match, but it's not real bad looking as is.