Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Forum Changes: Law & Politics Section is now firearm-related only

With the growing number of users visiting this forum, one of the major problems we've seen is a dilution of the firearm-related discussion in the Law & Politics section as people have grown accustomed to discussing all political topics which are not the purpose of the organization.

In order to keep everyone focused on the goal at hand, as of this point forward, all non-firearm-related political discussion will happen in the Lounge, and any threads that do not conform will be moved.

I hope this helps everyone who doesn't care about Healthcare, Obama's Birth Certificate, Global Warming, and every other topic under the sun find what they are looking for faster.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Forum Changes: Law & Politics Section is now firearm-related only

I wondered why everything in the National section said "moved" lol

(Lancaster County)

Is it possible to make a "politics" subsection in the lounge so people who don't want to wade through political discussions don't have to sift through tons of threads? J/W

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    I wondered why everything in the National section said "moved" lol
    I did the first 10 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by KrptcMschfMkr128 View Post
    Is it possible to make a "politics" subsection in the lounge so people who don't want to wade through political discussions don't have to sift through tons of threads? J/W
    Probably not. If anything, as the traffic of the forum increases we will accept less and less non-firearm-related discussion, and we probably won't cater to it.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post

Probably not. If anything, as the traffic of the forum increases we will accept less and less non-firearm-related discussion, and we probably won't cater to it.
    Here! Here! I love it!
    Toujours prêt

(Lawrence County)

I really like the politics discussed here, to be honest it's where I do probably half my reading. I don't have time to browse a bunch of political websites so I get most of what is important to me here. I don't really care about Obamas birth certificate either so I just skip those discussions but I do like a bunch of the other topics and enjoy reading what like-minded people have to say about the issues.

Normally when I come in for a quick check (several times a day) I start at the top and work down, I hit the concealed/open carry forums, news, general, politics then, sometimes, the classifieds. Another subsection under the politics section for "politics, non-firearm related" wouldn't be a bad idea.

I really don't think that all of our members log onto these forums daily just to see what's new in the gun world. It's more like a little family here and people visit to see what everyone is up to and chat with others that may have the same concerns that they do. I understand that the lounge is used for that purpose but I don't go there often as I could care less about peoples cat pictures, lol.

Sorry for the long winded post but I feel it would be a great disservice to the members here to turn this into a firearms only website when it has grown into much more than that. I really enjoy this site the way it is and probably spend twice as much time here as I do everywhere else on the web combined.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I know this is your site, but I am afraid that if we become too one dimensional we risk loosing many members who are active politically across the spectrum. I can understand the need to keep the firearm info separate and pure, but as I said the more politically active any of us are the more likely we are to be interested in discussing more than just the political issues surrounding firearms.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I really like the politics discussed here, to be honest it's where I do probably half my reading. I don't have time to browse a bunch of political websites so I get most of what is important to me here. I don't really care about Obamas birth certificate either so I just skip those discussions but I do like a bunch of the other topics and enjoy reading what like-minded people have to say about the issues.

Normally when I come in for a quick check (several times a day) I start at the top and work down, I hit the concealed/open carry forums, news, general, politics then, sometimes, the classifieds. Another subsection under the politics section for "politics, non-firearm related" wouldn't be a bad idea.

I really don't think that all of our members log onto these forums daily just to see what's new in the gun world. It's more like a little family here and people visit to see what everyone is up to and chat with others that may have the same concerns that they do. I understand that the lounge is used for that purpose but I don't go there often as I could care less about peoples cat pictures, lol.

Sorry for the long winded post but I feel it would be a great disservice to the members here to turn this into a firearms only website when it has grown into much more than that. I really enjoy this site the way it is and probably spend twice as much time here as I do everywhere else on the web combined.
    Kinda like the OC/CC section. That is a pretty good idea. I like it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    I know this is your site, but I am afraid that if we become too one dimensional we risk loosing many members who are active politically across the spectrum. I can understand the need to keep the firearm info separate and pure, but as I said the more politically active any of us are the more likely we are to be interested in discussing more than just the political issues surrounding firearms.
    Well this is the Pennsylvania FIREARMS Owners Association and is the only issue Dan created this site for. I too, like the diversity of topics we have here, but it really all comes down to this, once again, it's Dan's site, not a democracy, and his interest is in firearms in Pa.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Well this is the Pennsylvania FIREARMS Owners Association and is the only issue Dan created this site for. I too, like the diversity of topics we have here, but it really all comes down to this, once again, it's Dan's site, not a democracy, and his interest is in firearms in Pa.

It's a Danocracy!

Or would it be a Dantatorship?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast