Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Forum Changes: Law & Politics Section is now firearm-related only

danp, bringing the F back to the PAFOA

(Westmoreland County)

I like it!

Everything related to guns has it's place...everything not related to guns goes in the Lounge! It couldn't get any easier!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Chester County)

I think it is an excellent idea! We are all brought together by the common passion of firearms, and protecting the rights of the citizens to them....

I think some of the I hate Obama etc stuff was getting tiring and to me this is a welcomed change.

Now, if we could get a proper training sub forum, that would be tits. I believe that proper training for firearm owners, and those that carry a firearm is of the utmost importance.

(Allegheny County)

hip hip hooray !!!!

now all the wingnut shit can get off the front page.

Its great to see this forum grow and adapt over time.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I think it is an excellent idea! We are all brought together by the common passion of firearms, and protecting the rights of the citizens to them....

I think some of the I hate Obama etc stuff was getting tiring and to me this is a welcomed change.

Now, if we could get a proper training sub forum, that would be tits. I believe that proper training for firearm owners, and those that carry a firearm is of the utmost importance.
    ^^^^ I could go for something like this. Especially for an upcoming new gunowner like myself. Yes, there's much I'm learning from my boyfriend, but he's not a know-all and doesn't have the variety of resources that other members here may have.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KrptcMschfMkr128 View Post
    ^^^^ I could go for something like this. Especially for an upcoming new gunowner like myself. Yes, there's much I'm learning from my boyfriend, but he's not a know-all and doesn't have the variety of resources that other members here may have.
    discussion here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/support-sugge...sub-forum.html

(Monroe County)

horrible decision. I am very very unhappy with it as the lounge is not the place to have a good discussion on politics due to the number of posts, people will be bitching about it in no time and following a particular item will take much longer

I agree with whoever said make a politics sub forum of the lounge. I could give a shit less about the post count but I learn a lot through these topics and I won't see them behind the "joke" threads, and the other random crap in the lounge.

Firearms are great, I love talking about them but really there is only so much you can discuss that hasn't already been hit on 30 times before. The politics section gives us a place to discuss current events, get different viewpoints on stories and laws that are being proposed and stay up to date on what is happening in the world of finance.

Give us somewhere to post it, the lounge is not the place
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    horrible decision. I am very very unhappy with it as the lounge is not the place to have a good discussion on politics due to the number of posts, people will be bitching about it in no time and following a particular item will take much longer

I agree with whoever said make a politics sub forum of the lounge. I could give a shit less about the post count but I learn a lot through these topics and I won't see them behind the "joke" threads, and the other random crap in the lounge.

Firearms are great, I love talking about them but really there is only so much you can discuss that hasn't already been hit on 30 times before. The politics section gives us a place to discuss current events, get different viewpoints on stories and laws that are being proposed and stay up to date on what is happening in the world of finance.

Give us somewhere to post it, the lounge is not the place
    How is it any different than going to the other forums and scanning for threads that are of an interest to you? Just simply go to the Lounge and look for the same things you looked for in the past.

There are a million political dedicated forums on the web. This forum is centered on firearms and protecting the freedoms that are afforded to us by our birth, and the constitution....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    How is it any different than going to the other forums and scanning for threads that are of an interest to you? Just simply go to the Lounge and look for the same things you looked for in the past.

There are a million political dedicated forums on the web. This forum is centered on firearms and protecting the freedoms that are afforded to us by our birth, and the constitution....
    so then why do we even have a lounge?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Philadelphia County)

Mixed feelings on this topic. I agree with some of the downsides of doing this that folks here have mentioned, but on the other hand I can definitely see why dan's doing it. Overall, I'd lean towards what dan is trying to do, but at the same time it might lead to some of our better contributors here contributing less. Will be interesting to see where this leads, but I do agree with the goal-- reorient the site back towards the issue everyone agrees on, and minimize political divisions and distractions. I see this and the disabling of neg rep as going hand-in-hand towards the same goal of bringing unity to the site and cutting down on nastiness. Again, I agree with others on the downsides, but I think overall, it's trying to set things in the right direction.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast