Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: MartyC

(Delaware County)

Default MartyC

Congrats on joining this new forum. Great bunch of guys here!

(Delaware County)

Suburban a.k.a. Rob checking in.

Livin' in Aston, down the road from DCFS.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: MartyC

DCFS rocks

(Delaware County)

doesn't DCFS have ridiculous fees and you need 2 member recommendations to get become a member there?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cccpNik View Post
    doesn't DCFS have ridiculous fees and you need 2 member recommendations to get become a member there?
    Their fee's are pretty reasonable for the facility and the member recommendations are easy to get. Their rules on the other hand are pretty ridiculous and that's stopped me from getting a membership there despite my proximity. You either shoot bullseye and clays or there's nothing there for you.

(Delaware County)

Delco Field and Stream..... A little better than what it was, but still many rules including no humanoid targets, only bulls eyes, no rapid fire. They still allow live ammunition though.

(Philadelphia County)

at least they still allow live ammo.

(Delaware County)

Live ammunition as such, but at one time they only allowed one cartridge at a time when firing rifles.

I live very close to that range, I can hear the live ammunition being fired from my house. I joined southern lancaster county farmers and sportmans association. A great club, great facilities, $25 a year, and common sense rules, ya know.......don't shoot yourself in the foot.

(Philadelphia County)

I loved their reasoning for the single shot rule: "we don't want to disturb the neighbors"

but they also don't let you shoot suppressed firearms.

(Delaware County)

Well Marty, I'm old enough to remember the days when Del Co F&S had no rules and it was like the OK corral, or the shooting ranges at most public game lands. Regrettably, the pendulum never stops in the middle. When the rules start being made, it resembled lunacy. The leadership went overboard and those individuals must have been very young at the time, because for what seemed to be an eternity, those individuals or at least the mentality of overboard rules seemed to go on and on.
    To make matters worse, the range masters were arrogant and condescending acting out in a way which would lead one to believe that they were the alpha and the omega in the evolution of gun safety, firearm knowledge and everything in between.
    I like to tease Del Co members all in good fun, and almost without exception they become apologists in their rectifying their membership. Mainly, giving the excuse that it is close and convenient and as such, living with all the rules is the price for such convenience. As for myself I take a 50 mile trip to the Southern Lancaster County club and consider it to my advantage in doing so.