Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Range that could be reserved for a group in the poconos

I have a group of friends getting together Sept 15th, and we wanted to take a few hours to do some shooting. There will be approx twelve of us. I have been looking for a range that would work, but aside from the SGLs, have been coming up empty. Ideally we would like a rifle range >= 100 yards, and a smaller pistol/plinking range where we could set up some steel targets for pistols and ARs. I was hoping that maybe someone here would have a recommendation on a private range that could accommodate us for a fee.

-Len

Smile Re: Range that could be reserved for a group in the poconos

Just for a Heads Up,I tried this years ago for a family shoot,I was told,you have to lease for one year minimum,Show Insurance coverage for Liability in the amount of $1,000,000,And they wanted prior to shooting a pics done on every individual with specialized I D.That said I forgot about it,But going further west in Pa. you may find a Club that would for goe all the B S that they wanted me to do,Good Luck and let us know what you are able to come up with.Oh yes,I purchased 5 acres in Moscow,Un-developed.sorry so long.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Range that could be reserved for a group in the poconos

Thanks for the heads up. I have suspected it is not going to be easy. I am also looking into buying a property, as I would like to do this a few times a year, just don't know if that will be possible in the time frame we are looking at for this year.

(Montgomery County)

Check this place out:

http://www.poconoshooting.org/

I have no idea if they could accomodate what you want to do but it could be worth it to ask. My brother-in-law and some friends went there around Christmas time and they had a good time. According to site it's geared more toward people that do not have their own firearms or ammo and will instead rent them from the instructor. However if he has a range and you wanted to bring your own stuff I'm wondering if you could negotiate a price for the use of the range instead of the use of his firearms and ammo.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Check this place out:

http://www.poconoshooting.org/

I have no idea if they could accomodate what you want to do but it could be worth it to ask. My brother-in-law and some friends went there around Christmas time and they had a good time. According to site it's geared more toward people that do not have their own firearms or ammo and will instead rent them from the instructor. However if he has a range and you wanted to bring your own stuff I'm wondering if you could negotiate a price for the use of the range instead of the use of his firearms and ammo.
    Thanks for the tip, just emailed him.

(Chester County)

DAMN that dudes rates are steep.....

25 rounds of .22 caliber rifle, revolver and pistol............................................ .................................................. ...$20
    100 rounds of .22 caliber rife, revolver and pistol............................................ .................................................. ..$50
    550 rounds of .22 caliber rifle, revolver and pistol .................................................. ...........................................$150 (Group Special !)
    50 rounds of 9mm pistol and rifle Glock, Beretta, XD, Hi Point............................................. ..............................$40
    50 rounds of .22 Magnum Derringer .................................................. .................................................. .............$40
    50 rounds of .25 ACP pistol .................................................. .................................................. ...........................$40
    50 rounds of .38 special from a snub nose revolver .................................................. ..........................................$45
    50 rounds .380 from Ruger LCP............................................... .................................................. ........................$50
    50 rounds of .40 cal Sig Sauer............................................. .................................................. .............................$50
    50 rounds of .45 ACP from a 1911 pistol............................................ .................................................. ..............$60
    50 rounds of .357 Magnum from BIG revolver .................................................. ................................................$7 0
    Rifle Caliber
    20 rounds combat vintage Russian SKS Assault Rifle or AK-47 or AR-15 / M4 ................................................$5 0
    40 rounds AK-47 or AR-15 / M4 Assault Riffle .................................................. ..............................................$80
    20 rounds 30-30 Winchester classic lever action .................................................. .............................................$60
    20 rounds WWII Armor Piercing combat vintage Russian Mosin Nagant .................................................. ........$60
    Hoplophobia is funny