Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Centurion 39 Sporter Rifle (100% American Made)

Yeah all that milled rec stuff is great. However when you speak about the benefits of milled rec AK's - tighter tolerances... less flex, etc. You have to remember reagrdless of this;
    A: the physcial mechanics of an AK are inherently innaccurate compared to other designs. All that mass over and off center the bore - traveling rearward, etc.
    B: their reliability is partly because of the loose tolerances
    C: CAI is farming this all over the damn country and they are doing the final assembly in VT by who knows the fuck who.

D: See C: for reasons why I, and I'm sure others are not instantly enthralled at the prospect. I'm not interested in spending $900 on an AK with ZERO parts commonality to an AKM - that will probably choke on it's tolerances vs shoot better than a Romak in a 10/90 scale.

By the time they get it right maybe it will be a great gun. Maybe it won't. But I'm not holding my breath on these and I'll be letting plenty of other people be the ginea pig before I'd even consider one. And even then... the weight is a deterrent for me. It's also why I don't do Yugo's either.

I personally but see the value in any $900 AK, unless it is a pre-ban.
    I think $600 is tops for any new manufacturer AK. At $900 your getting into base M1A and Correct grade Garand territory. Sorry but to me buying a high dollar AK is like paying $50,000 for a Corolla. At the end of the day your still driving a Toyota when you couldve had a Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    By the time they get it right maybe it will be a great gun.
    Well, the body count in Viet Nam says Kalashnikov, "got it right" the first time. We have been playing catch up ever since. Look, I'm not going to turn this into another M-16 vs. AK-47 argument. If you love the AR, buy one. Just don't try and tell me how much more wonderful they are. I've got a dozen or more of each. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    At $900 your getting into base M1A
    Really? Please tell me where I can buy new Springfield Armory M-1A's for less than a grand each??? Inquiring minds want to know! And the Internet bull$h!t continues. Bill T.
    Last edited by billt; March 30th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

I personally but see the value in any $900 AK, unless it is a pre-ban.
    I think $600 is tops for any new manufacturer AK. At $900 your getting into base M1A and Correct grade Garand territory. Sorry but to me buying a high dollar AK is like paying $50,000 for a Corolla. At the end of the day your still driving a Toyota when you couldve had a Vette.
    Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Really? Please tell me where I can buy new Springfield Armory M-1A's for less than a grand each??? Inquiring minds want to know! And the Internet bull$h!t continues. Bill T.
    Reading comp is your friend my friend.
    At $900 your getting into base M1A territory.
    Here I took out the Garand put so you didn't get confused again.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkristo View Post
    If you are looking for an American made AK look at the I.O. Inc. guns.
    http://www.ioinc.us/
    Yeah, they're about as US made as Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Every IO inc AK I've ever seen, including recent ones, is built with US Parts on imported kits, generally Romanian. They're certainly assembled here in the US, and now that barrels can't be imported most of the major parts are US made, but they're far from being 100% US made guns.

As for the Centurion, I've heard good things, but I'll never waste my money on a milled receiver. Stamped receivers work perfectly well and are half the cost. I'll take a stamped gun and a pile of mags and ammo over a milled gun any day of the week.

This whole "Buy American" thing is getting much like a broken record. What is "American"? A Honda built in Marysville Ohio, or a Chevy assembled in Mexico? A Toyota built in San Antonio, or a Ford from Brazil? It's the same with guns, or most anything else for that matter. In the 60's you may have had a good argument, but no longer. As much as a "global economy" sucks, that's what we have. Browning's are made in Japan, and Springfield's in Croatia. So please spare us all the whole "Buy American" song and dance. That dog won't hunt. Bill T.

Reading comp is your friend my friend.
    At $900 your getting into base M1A territory.
    Here I took out the Garand put so you didn't get confused again.
    OK, I'll play along with your silly, little word games. Tell us where I can buy A BASE M1-A for under a grand? How about ANY NEW SPRINGFIELD M-1A "Base" or otherwise?? About all you'll get for $900.00 is a chuckle from the salesman. Bill T.

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    OK, I'll play along with your silly, little word games. Tell us where I can buy A BASE M1-A for under a grand? How about ANY NEW SPRINGFIELD M-1A "Base" or otherwise?? About all you'll get for $900.00 is a chuckle from the salesman. Bill T.
    If I felt like getting an infraction I'd say something like "Hey stupid, I didn't say you could get one $900" or "Look it up yourself jerk-off". But I won't do that.

Here it is
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...page/1/sort/6a

$1383 delivered. And they mustve went up from last year because I was quoted $1100 from my store. I love my WASR and my Yugo RPK but again for $900+ I'll step up to the M1A for a few more bucks or the DPMS A-10 or AR-30(whatever its caled) looks pretty neat for $900 at Classic.

If I felt like getting an infraction I'd say something like "Hey stupid, I didn't say you could get one $900" or "Look it up yourself jerk-off". But I won't do that.
    But you just did.

$1383 delivered.
    $1,383.00
    -$900.00
    $483.00

As I said, not even close. More time working with numbers, and less time name calling, and you should be good to go. Bill T.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast