Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Where did all the deer go?

ive live my whole life in a prime deer hunting spot where it wasnt a problem to get a nice sized buck and a big doe every year on the 4000 acre farm next door that has a limited access to a lucky select few of us. but ive hunted solidly since monday morning and have yet to see anything more than a squirrel. And as i talk to more and more hunters noone is seeing deer like they should this year. where did they all go?

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Where did all the deer go?

They been abducted by aliens.. i was wondering the same thing when i went small game hunting, i hardly seen any tracks and droppings. i think the PGC needs to keep better track of the deer population, we pay for our license so that money that comes from the license should at least help produce more game animals.

PGC said they released 15,000 Pheasants i only saw one this year . i seen alot of deer roadkills along the roads, so either they got hit by cars and had less babies this year.

(Lebanon County)

Listen, don't you know that animals have a "season's" calendar? They keep an eye on these things!

They plan their vacation around it!

All summer long, I watched 3 bear follow the same trail out in the morning and back in the evening, come bear season, NO BEAR touched that trail!

Then on Thanksgiving day we were on our way out and guess what a bear coming off that very trail right before sunset!

Last weekend on my last minute scouting of my area! 2 does and 1 6pt. The past two days! Nothing! Oh I've heard the shooting and I've seen the drag trails but I'll be damned if I've seen any deer!

They're at the bar, laughing at us!

(Monroe County)

at least you saw a squirrel!. i had one of those huge ass protected wood peckers above me banging away on a tree for 2 hours yesterday, and that was all i heard and saw.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Bucks County)

i saw one 4 on the first day ( as much as i looked thru the binos i couldnt get the browse points to grow any bigger) plus 20 plus turkey that camped out in front of me and my wifes stand and absolutely nothing the second day except for a couple tree rats, a guy on the next property got a 5 the first day and i was listening to the radio and the A-holes in the next valley did 4 drives on the first day so that explains why there wasnt any deer around my area

(Allegheny County)

Same here... There was nothing to be seen the past couple of days.
    F*S=k

(Lancaster County)

[QUOTE=TXDMERC73;997673] i think the PGC needs to keep better track of the deer population, we pay for our license so that money that comes from the license should at least help produce more game animals.
    QUOTE]

Um , what is the PGC do with that money ? Hire the deer some hookers?? LOL
    No longer posting

(Bucks County)

They have come to Bucks County. The townships around here are looking into ways to control the deer population. Most are going with bow hunts.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    i saw one 4 on the first day ( as much as i looked thru the binos i couldnt get the browse points to grow any bigger) plus 20 plus turkey that camped out in front of me and my wifes stand and absolutely nothing the second day except for a couple tree rats, a guy on the next property got a 5 the first day and i was listening to the radio and the A-holes in the next valley did 4 drives on the first day so that explains why there wasnt any deer around my area

Had somewhat the same thing. I always thought there was some unspoken rule, no drives until the first Saturday. That's the way we always did it. I saw groups driving at 8:30 Monday morning. I have yet to see a deer in the woods that i hunt since opening day. during scouting trips i saw alot of doe and a nice 6pt. I hunt the western side of 5C. you know the area that's so overpopulated with deer the PGC offered 113,000 doe tags this year.

Gee....I wonder where all the deer went????????

(Lancaster County)

My boyfriend, his brother in law, and a friend of theirs are hunting up in Sullivan County, and all three of them have yet to see anything.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast