Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Abbottstown/Hanover/Gettysburg area, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)

Default Presidents Speech

I realize that we have different views on God. It is not my intentions to start a debate about God. Maybe it is just me, but I don't believe that I ever witnessed a president talk about war without at least ending the speech with "May God Bless America". Somehow not asking for his blessings seems wrong. Maybe it is just me. I wouldn't want to be going into battle thinking that God wasn't with me and my nation. Maybe I have to get used to a political correct USA which has muti religions.

Sounds like that maybe he id say it and there fore this post is a non event. I must have allowed my mind to go off on a bunnie trail. Sorry.
    Last edited by doxie3; December 2nd, 2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added content

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Presidents Speech

Its not only political correctness for other religions. I am a patriotic American, but I don't believe in god. There are plenty of us out there.

(Adams County)

I do realize that you don't have to believe in God or a god to be a patriot. Just saying it seemed unusual. Maybe for some that's a good thing.

(Montgomery County)

Fair enough. It is an interesting question to discuss, even if it is now a non-event.

I'm slightly angry that I missed it. One of my friends (who is a die-hard conservative) actually said that it was a decent address.

(Adams County)

I thought it was more of a lecture than a battle cry.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by greasy View Post
    Fair enough. It is an interesting question to discuss, even if it is now a non-event.

I'm slightly angry that I missed it. One of my friends (who is a die-hard conservative) actually said that it was a decent address.
    The address started out strong, when he was actually addressing the topic in a concrete way, but towards the end it veered off into the same old politician's platitudes and outright lies and left me disgusted by the time it was over.

And I actually do think he said "God Bless America" at some point, which I would count among the meaningless politician's platitudes. It's just a phrase that politicians say to make them seem patriotic and pious.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie3 View Post
    I realize that we have different views on God. It is not my intentions to start a debate about God. Maybe it is just me, but I don't believe that I ever witnessed a president talk about war without at least ending the speech with "May God Bless America". Somehow not asking for his blessings seems wrong. Maybe it is just me. I wouldn't want to be going into battle thinking that God wasn't with me and my nation. Maybe I have to get used to a political correct USA which has muti religions.

Sounds like that maybe he id say it and there fore this post is a non event. I must have allowed my mind to go off on a bunnie trail. Sorry.

What would you expect from a racist muslim?

Didn't even bother to watch, cause you know that when he speaks he is lying anyway.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene V. Debs View Post
    The address started out strong, when he was actually addressing the topic in a concrete way, but towards the end it veered off into the same old politician's platitudes and outright lies and left me disgusted by the time it was over.

And I actually do think he said "God Bless America" at some point, which I would count among the meaningless politician's platitudes. It's just a phrase that politicians say to make them seem patriotic and pious.
    So I made a good call switching over to The Goonies? I'm pissed to find out that Goonies only ranked 2.5 stars on my guide though. That's a 4 star movie if ever I saw one.

(Somerset County)

Did the president make another speech ? I guess I missed it too . One of these days I will have to catch one . I'm sure there will be many , many more .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Did the president make another speech ? I guess I missed it too . One of these days I will have to catch one . I'm sure there will be many , many more .
    I'm sure there is a copy on youtube or some other web site by now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast