Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Adams County LTCF

Wife and I put in for our original CCL's the last week of January (2013) and were told to give it 4 weeks for notification of acceptance. Wife received hers in about a week and mine came a few days later. 20 minutes spent at the courthouse and we were good to go. Never heard from our references as to whether or not they were contacted. They were quick on both ends so maybe it was their slow time of year or they have just gotten more efficient.

(Adams County)

Hm. Monday it'll be 3 weeks since I submitted the form, and neither of my references have been contacted. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mcl View Post
    Hm. Monday it'll be 3 weeks since I submitted the form, and neither of my references have been contacted. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.
    You may have received it already, but my cousin lives in Gettysburg and it took her a full 5 weeks to get her LTCF, but they never called any of her listed references. They just took their time and didn't rush it. When I got mine 4 yrs ago they called all of my references, but they had the license to me in about 2 weeks.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by kismet1113 View Post
    You may have received it already, but my cousin lives in Gettysburg and it took her a full 5 weeks to get her LTCF, but they never called any of her listed references. They just took their time and didn't rush it. When I got mine 4 yrs ago they called all of my references, but they had the license to me in about 2 weeks.
    Nope, still waiting.

I've asked both my references to let me know as soon as they hear anything from the Sheriff's office, if they do. They haven't heard from them yet either.

I'm somewhat resigned to the fact that I'll probably wait another 1-3 weeks before it arrives. But I'm also eager to go check the mailbox every day.

EDIT: Well, I bought a pistol today, so I know it's not any issue with PICS.
    Last edited by mcl; October 4th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

(Adams County)

I just got off the phone with Natalie at the Sheriff's office. Turns out they didn't realize my references were west coast, and they tried to call really early in the morning on Sept 30. She said they just needed to talk to one of the two references and then she can give it to the Sheriff for his signature.

So I just emailed my references and asked them to call today. Hopefully that means I'll have my LTCF soon!

I wonder what they would have done if they couldn't reach either of them before the 45 days was up?

(Adams County)

Last update: My approval letter arrived today. Total time: 38 days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123