Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Adams County LTCF

Reddings is still a genuine hardware store. It's in the back part.

Adams County Sheriff's Dept. will call your references. I just renewed my LTCF. I also got 3 calls in the same day for ACSHA Club members, whom I was a reference for.

If you haven't already, check out Adams County Sport Handgunners Association. www.acsha.com

We have a membership meeting tonight, too.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Adams County)

Peddler- oh yes i have found Redding hardwear store.... Man what a place! it's like heaven ( minus the price tag!) ha,ha

(Adams County)

When I filled out my application I was told it would take 6-8 weeks before I would hear anything. My approval letter came two weeks later. Also, Reddings is a great place with very informed employees. They are a little pricey, but their layaway plan is excellent. That's how I got my Sig P250. And they also have an incredible selection of firearms and ammo.

(Adams County)

Just to update the thread, I took my application to Adams County Sheriff on July 27. Both references were called, and I got my letter on July 31. Went in with letter and check in hand on August 1, and came out with the LTCF in hand 7 minutes later. They have definitely learned from experience and know how to get it done quick.

(York County)

Looking at everyone else's experiences it makes me glad I moved to York county. My LTCF was processed same day.

Regardless of the county the hold up many times is how fast your references return the form they receive.

By PA law they have 45 days. In that time if they find nothing negative they must issue your permit.

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    Reddings is still a genuine hardware store. It's in the back part.

Adams County Sheriff's Dept. will call your references. I just renewed my LTCF. I also got 3 calls in the same day for ACSHA Club members, whom I was a reference for.

If you haven't already, check out Adams County Sport Handgunners Association. www.acsha.com

We have a membership meeting tonight, too.
    Reddings is a great shop. I just wish they would do something with the long gun display so customers can see what's in the racks. The stuff is stacked so deep and poorly lite that you can't see most of the guns behind the counter or on the hooks in the ceiling.

With that said... they have not changed in the 30 yrs I've shopped there and I don't expect them to change on my account.

(Adams County)

Does anyone have an idea what the current turnaround time on an application is? I dropped mine off at the Sheriff's office last week. Just wondering if I should be looking forward to getting the mail in the next week or so, or if I should just find something else to occupy my thoughts for a month.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mcl View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what the current turnaround time on an application is? I dropped mine off at the Sheriff's office last week. Just wondering if I should be looking forward to getting the mail in the next week or so, or if I should just find something else to occupy my thoughts for a month.

I seem to remember folks saying over the past couple years that you should be looking at 2 to 4 weeks, it seems Adams County is not in a huge hurry to finish up, considering nearby York and Lancaster Counties are managing doing the same job in as many days.

This is just my vague recollection on what I've heard so take it with a grain of salt.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Adams County)

Better take up a new hobby. Renewed mine last year and it took weeks not days, which seems typical. However, there has never been a problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast