My topic concerns shooting a pistol at the "rifle" sections of SGL ranges. You see I have a 357 scoped revolver that I deer hunt with and like to shoot at further distances than are available at the pistol only section. I have read the signs posted up and down every time I am at the range and here is the way I understand things.

The pistol range is pistols only because the sign clearly says Pistols Only. Duh. However the "rifle" section in question does not say rifles only. The only restrictions it has that differ from the pistol ranges are that it states no bird shot and 3 rounds in magazine at a time. So I have always understood it as I can shoot my revolver at a bench at the "rifle" range, granted I abide by all the rules posted.

Pretty simple or so I thought, yet almost every time I do, some "know it all" tells me "you're gonna get fined for that!" I explain to them the rules do not restrict it. They just give the "whatever it's your ass not mine" line.

Am I wrong here, or all of these people just assuming they're right because they know everything?