Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics denial

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pics denial

they had the last four that is all he needed. As to one of the "bad guys" my family member is one of them and is currently in jail where they belong.

(Luzerne County)

I went through this back on August 3rd....

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...-plz-help.html

The process is this:

First and Foremost:
    State law now provides that the Challenge form must be submitted to the PICS Challenge Unit within 30 days of the date the individual is denied.

If you were "DENIED": REMEMBER THEY HAVE 60 DAYS TO RESPOND TO YOU SO IT MAY TAKE A WHILE

-You dont have to wait for any papers from the attempted firearms sale(ie. any paperwork you filled out at the gunshow). All you need is the Pics Challenge Form SP4-197(found here
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...&css=L2&mode=2. )

-You simpily fill out this form correctly and send it in to Harrisburg. I sent my challenge form USPS Priority Express($14) so I know they received it and it was there the next morning with tracking #'s.

-After about a week I called in and told them who I was and they said my forms were Received and being researched.

-Week two I received a letter from PICS.. hoping it was the reversal letter.. it wasn't... it was a letter telling me why i was denied and it was still being researched and any info i had may help the situation. The paper said I was denied because of a Disorderly Conduct I had recieved in State College at a party a year before.

-After getting the letter I immediately called PICS and told them it was just a disorderly conduct for loud music and partying in State College, PA...lol whoops .. PICS said to simpily put in writing what we had just talked about and mail it in (again Priority Express for my own sake) and there shouldnt be any problems getting it reversed.. But they couldnt guarantee me anything.

-I was kind of pissed knowing it was just a disorderly conduct.. and Disorderly Conduct is not in the denial list!!!!!!!!!!!! But they are PICS... they can do whatever that want...

-So i did as was told(mailing in our phone conversation) and two weeks after that (33 Days after my original Denial) I Received my "Letter of Reversal" THAK GOD Which i take to every firearms purchase I make... and my local dealer told me to Laminate that sucker and NEVER lose it... Anyway it now take minutes to get approved with no Issues.

-I did call at week three and the PICS ppl told me my reversal letter was on the Corporals Desk waiting to be signed.. what a relief!! They are quite helpful when you call as long as you are respectful and make your point clear.

If you were "Put into Research":

Like my Brother a few days after I was denied:

-They have 14 Days to Contact the Firearms Dealer With Their Decision... The seller will then contact you with the results and if you were approved you have 24hours to pick up your firearm... If denied then you go about the Challenge Process

-After my Bro was put into Research Cabelas Called him on Day #3 to say he was approved and to come and pick it up He was happy

Good Luck and I hope this helped... Just be patient and if you truly are able to own a firearm they will clear it up..

(Chester County)

I have the forms printed and filled out just have to send. Am going to send next day from my work so I know it got there. The dealer told me to call him tuesday should I wait till then to send?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I have the forms printed and filled out just have to send. Am going to send next day from my work so I know it got there. The dealer told me to call him tuesday should I wait till then to send?

I see no reason to wait for your dealer call you... If you have the form filled out properly...which is pretty simple....Then I would go ahead and send it out...

The day I got denied @ Cabelas was the day I mailed in my Challenge Form...I had no interest in waiting...

The only reason I would see that waiting would be necessary is if you were just "put into research" and the dealer was waiting for the answer....But I do believe I did read in an earlier post that it was an outrught "denial" so if that's the case I would definitly send it tomorrow asap to get the ball rolling....

Good LUCK

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    The dealer was required to give you the form at time of denial.
    If you printed them out (presumably from online) already and filled them out there is no reason to wait.

Be absolutely sure to send them "certified" with return rcpt, as anyone should send any and all correspondences with any .gov entity.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Be absolutely sure to send them "certified" with return rcpt, as anyone should send any and all correspondences with any .gov entity.

But it's the Government, you know, the thing that helps run the United States. I'm sure they wouldn't lose any paperwork..........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12