August 19, 2007 12 Noon

LanghorneRodandGunClub.org
251 Stoneyford Road, Holland PA
Off Rtes 332 and 532

From AR-15

"Well, we did it.

We're on the calendar once a month from 12:00noon to conduct our action rifle shoot. So long as this event is supported, and is doing well, it will stay there. We may alter the format from time to time, and alternate the action rifle shoots with precision long-range tactical shoots in the same fashion. The second sniper match is in development. More on that in a different post.

What to bring:

1- Centerfire rifle (AR15, AR10, Kalashnikov variant), with at least three mags, and about 150 rounds of ammo.

2 - Standard range gear (stapler, staples -or push pins-, masking tape, eye & ear protection)

3 - Any LBV/Chest rig/Vest type gear you might use to keep gear ready.

4 - Ten bucks in cash (LRGC members attend free) The money is reinvested in THIS program.

5 - A tee shirt that is expendable (or already badly refashioned after the last match).

6 - Paper shopping bags so we can make more targets.

7 - Water, snacks, greek olives, hummus, pita bread, fruit, anything else useful.

This is neither a match nor a classroom. We'll do a little competing though, and show eachother some gear and tricks, but for the first one I'd like to keep it informal, and have time to get to know eachother and yap.

Let's run some position shooting drills on the reactive targets, and see if we can improve on some of the harder events from the match. I want to have I'm not drivin' the bus every time either. I want some of YOU guys to step up and plan an afternoon for us. I want trigger time too dammit.

Please post here if you're coming, and I'll update a page on http://langhornerodandgunclub.org when we get enough people. I don't need money in advance, but I have to know how many are coming, and I will have to cap it off at a reasonable limit.

--Fargo007