Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Hunting Mason-Dixon Line

Well my plans to be able to hunt private land in Chester county this year on a nice piece of private ground didn't pan out so I have 3 worthless antlerless licenses for 5C. Now I'm hunting my grandparents farm which usually has a lot of other people hunting it (that's why I was going to hunt in 5C) but I should still be able to have a spot OK.

Here's my question, the farm is well over 100 acres but most of it is in MD except about 30 acres that is in PA. Could I potentially have a problem since I will be likely parking at the house/barn (in MD) and walking out to my spot (in PA)? I have a PA license but not a MD. I thought maybe I would just get the MD license to be safe but it's $130 for a non-resident. Not in my budget especially since I don't feel I need it but who knows? I have been all over the property all my life and have a pretty good understanding of where the Mason-Dixon runs through it but it's not like there is a line drawn through the woods, lol. Its the MD DNR I'm worried about if I get something and drag it or haul it down to the house. I assume if its shot in PA I'm Ok but a DNR officer might think I'm full of shit too. Any thoughts?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Default Re: Hunting Mason-Dixon Line

Take him to the gut pile, then charge him with trespassing.......

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Take him to the gut pile, then charge him with trespassing.......
    LOL! I wasn't really that worried about it, more curious than anything.

After some further research that I must have overlooked the first time, it looks like I'm in the clear anyway and I can hunt the whole damn farm! I wasn't aware of this in MD. PA doesn't have a similiar regulation do they?

From MD DNR website...

Who May Hunt Without a License
    It is unlawful to hunt without a valid hunting license in your possession unless you are exempt from this requirement as described in this section. You are not required to possess a hunting license or stamps (except the Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp, the federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp, and a Furbearer Permit) if you are:

A resident of Maryland (and their spouse) who owns property and who hunts only on that property.
    This also applies to:

the landowner’s children and grandchildren if they are under the age of 16; and
    the landowner’s children and grandchildren, and the spouse of the children or grandchildren, regardless of age, if the child, grandchild, or their spouse, lives on the property, has worked on the property for at least 30 days during the preceding 12 months, or manages the property. Each person must individually qualify under these criteria. To qualify for this exemption a landowner does not need to live on the property but must be able to prove ownership.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Harford county?
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Adams County)

your grandfather hires you to manage his farm pay $1 a year. then you can hunt on the whole farm.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Harford county?
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by bob308 View Post
    your grandfather hires you to manage his farm pay $1 a year. then you can hunt on the whole farm.
    And Yes.

I went out Saturday for opener of firearms in MD and took the shotty for a walk, didn't see a thing. Yesterday I saw two running across the ridge too far away and that was it. I'm not too upset about it though because I realized once i got out there that I screwed myself because I took a rifle. I was stuck in PA only and limited to a buck that met antler restrictions. Which means I couldn't have shot the 4pt or buttonbuck that i saw even if I had the chance. (Not that I probably would have anyhow). Most guys want their buck first then go after whatever but i want meat in the freezer first, then maybe i'll wait for a buck. Shotgun again next time out...

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Ok, buddy of mine who is going to grind a bunch of my button buck meat up, told me that coyotes are all over the place in Harford county and hunters are shooting alot of them this year, "don't you read the paper?". No I don't read the Aegis or whatever the Bel Air paper is called. Bighorn, do you know anything about this? I know coyotes are all over APG, been told that for years.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Ok, buddy of mine who is going to grind a bunch of my button buck meat up, told me that coyotes are all over the place in Harford county and hunters are shooting alot of them this year, "don't you read the paper?". No I don't read the Aegis or whatever the Bel Air paper is called. Bighorn, do you know anything about this? I know coyotes are all over APG, been told that for years.
    I've seen a few while driving down the road in the past year and I don't recall seeing many if any at all in many years past so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there are more around. But I haven't really heard anything about them becoming a major problem or anything but maybe they are?

P.S. Don't believe anything that's printed in The Aegis. They have a long-lived reputation of mis-stating facts, leaving out important information, and downright making shit up. (Oh wait, so do most other media outlets, lol.) But seriously, they rarely print a article that is close to the truth. Last I heard they were in bankruptcy court.