Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Arms

(Allegheny County)

Default Anthony Arms

So Ive been reading the forum for a while now and have grown quite fond of the PAFOA forums. It seems like a collection of like minded fellows and most importantly a valuable link in a rather tightly knit community of sportsmen and shooting enthusiasts.

That said after a period of parusing the forums and after a rather hair standing experience this week I had decided that enough was enough. Im officially a member and furthermore Im going to start documenting my experiences so that other members of the forum can continue to enjoy their hobby whilest hopefully eliminating bad experiences of their own.

So here goes........

Anthony Arms
    2980 Lebanon Church Rd # A
    West Mifflin, PA 15122-2601
    (412) 469-9992

Wednesday I had decided that it was time to finally assemble one of my AR projects. Ive had the parts lying around for a hot minute or two, but since my work tends to take me out of the country more often than Id like it to the project has been collecting dust. So all goes well with the build and it comes time to head off to a range. Of all the things overlooked i had realised that the scope intended for the project fell victim to G3 recoil a few months before so on the way out I dropped by the Century 3 area for a bit of shopping.

Long story short I picked up a Nikon and was interested in a few accessories. I mosey into Anthony Arms and start to window shop.

No big deal when your window shopping, and honestly after being in the places more often than not, the workers have an idea of when its time to ask "Do you need help with something?". When you stand in front of the optics counter for 10 minutes and the guys are chatting it up behind you and no one even glances in your direction with a nod or the old "(hand up) one minute ill be right there" you start to get a tad ticked off. But its another story entirely when these turkeys are directly in front of you chatting away and you cant even get a god damned acknowledgment.

This is, honestly to my recollection, the third or fourth time this has happened to me there. Once a friend of mine went and waited 45 minutes before someone asked to help us. And above all this is my biggest pet peeve with this place. Honestly how would you feel?

So after some pacing, leaning, kneeling and wishing I performed the act of summoning an attendant with the old "pardon me". Keep in mind that I actually use "pardon me" because it sounds a bit polite and refined. I like when humans are dignified and polite.

When I do get some some help I ask if they have a set of turret knobs for a Nikon in stock. The man looks at me and says "No". No offer to look it up or order me anything. Just a "No". As he starts to turn his freaking back on me I ask if he has a scope shade in stock. The man honestly looks at me with a nasty expression and says "We don't carry that stuff here!". Amazing! What was I thinking going into a sporting store and asking for items like that.

At this point I'm thinking of about six thousand reasons why I hate this hell hole. I'm already smitten that I had even stopped in this joint but after remembering about some other business to take care of, and before the gentleman could walk away I say "Oh, OK. Also can you receive lowers for customers and what are your rates?". The man looks at me like hes giving me a special deal and sais "50 dollars." with a sort of grimace on his face. 50 #^&@%^$ dollars! Even after I asked him for a rate to receive 7 the response is the same. "50 Dollars".

Incredible!
    These people are absolutely incredible.
    Ive had quite a few questionable experiences there but this one puts an end to it. Im actually going to start hopping into local outfitters with everyday requests and start posting my experiences.

Among these annoyances Anthonys is:
    Overpriced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another occasion I asked to handle a .45.
    When handing me the gun the clerk says " Its a good deal. I mean for a Ni663R gun.

Ive had enough. I'm not even walking in to a shop that cant give back a little respect to its customers. There are enough grade A+ retailers in the Pittsburgh to avoid the bottom feeders like this one. My money is as G-R-E-E-N as the next guys. If you think I'm going to even spend another one of my .02 in this place again you mist be hitting a pipe.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms

I've had similar experiences there, as have many folks I know. I avoid that place like the plague.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

lousy dishonest service and high prices. no one should go in there.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

Ive never had anything but good experiances there.

some of the guys are good people.

YMMV

(Dauphin County)

Find another place to shop.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(York County)

Thanks for the post, and any future ones on shops in the Pittsburgh area. I'll be moving to that side of the state in the next 2 or 3 months, and it's good to have an idea of where's good to shop.

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks for the review on Andys, MJF.

Welcome to the forum
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Allegheny County)

Rude clerks. Over priced guns, ammo, accessories. Rude clerks. Over priced indoor range where you have to buy thier ammo and targets. Rude clerks. I don't go there anymore.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=This is, honestly to my recollection, the third or fourth time this has happened to me there. Once a friend of mine went and waited 45 minutes before someone asked to help us..[/QUOTE]

the first time you were treated like s... should have been the red flag warning you never to go in there again. i'd give a shop the benefit of the doubt the first time but after the seond time i would never set foot in that shop again. thanks for the heads up on another place NOT to shop

(Allegheny County)

they Always give u that buy sumthing or get out attitude!! and Rarely have a desent price on gun always top rate. and to open another can of worms, anyone remeber when they couldnt sell gun for 6 months had sumthing to do with sum shady paperwork/ gun disapearings dealings, and the had to get the license back in his brothers name. cant say any thing good about them BEWARE!!!!!
    To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast