Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

(Butler County)

Default Ruger LCR?

Anybody seen,shot or held one of these yet? I'm thinking on stepping up from .22 mag to something a little bigger. I want something small enough to carry in a front pants pocket in work pants. I didn't really want a .32 or a .380 auto.

Default Re: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Anybody seen,shot or held one of these yet? I'm thinking on stepping up from .22 mag to something a little bigger. I want something small enough to carry in a front pants pocket in work pants. I didn't really want a .32 or a .380 auto.
    Look to a J-frame, smaller and lighter..........

Yes--I borrowed one at a recent seminar.
    I like it.
    Sort of reminds me of the old Colt snubbies, but it only holds five.
    For concealed carry, however, I would stick with an airweight Smith J frame.

I've shot the LCR back to back with a comparable S&W Airweight (literally shoot one, put it down, and pick up and shoot it). I found the trigger on the LCR noticeably smoother and the recoil lighter with the same ammo. You wouldn't go wrong with either. Many cringe at a polymer revolver, but it appears that Ruger got it right.

(Monroe County)

Yes. Better trigger by far out of the box than a j frame. It handles recoil well, but remember you can only cheat physics so much with cushy grips and polymer. It is still a 13 oz revolver, +p is gonna sting after a few wheels.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

JMO - but after fondling both, I like the LCR better. I bought the LCR about a week ago, and I like it a lot. I agree that the trigger is pretty smooth.

(Westmoreland County)

I found the S&W 642 fit my medium size hand much better so I chose it over the Ruger LCR. After 300 rounds down range without any problems and the (trigger smoothed out) I am pleased.

I held an LCR last weekend. I was impressed with the trigger and the overall feel of the gun, but it's just as light as my 642 and I hate shooting that thing. I'm not sure what sort of wizardry Ruger has performed but everyone I know that's shot an LCR says it handles the recoil better than a comparable Smith airweight. I'll reserve judgment until I actually shoot one.

In the mean time I went the other direction and got an SP101. It has no problem handling recoil from 38 +p and .357 magnum and shoots quite well. My wife and I were hitting small steel plates at 25yds with ease last Saturday. It really is a great little gun. A little on the heavy side, but still great.

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: Ruger LCR?

I bought a LCR last month, took it to the range and tested it out. It has a smooth trigger and is very light due to what its made of. I got one for to be my winter back up and my primary summer carry. Note this is not a range gun obviously but at 15 yards its on target. I think you will like one when you shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I held an LCR last weekend. I was impressed with the trigger and the overall feel of the gun, but it's just as light as my 642 and I hate shooting that thing. I'm not sure what sort of wizardry Ruger has performed but everyone I know that's shot an LCR says it handles the recoil better than a comparable Smith airweight. I'll reserve judgment until I actually shoot one.

In the mean time I went the other direction and got an SP101. It has no problem handling recoil from 38 +p and .357 magnum and shoots quite well. My wife and I were hitting small steel plates at 25yds with ease last Saturday. It really is a great little gun. A little on the heavy side, but still great.
    I put a Pachmyer Gripper on my 638 J-frame, Damn, what a difference!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast