Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Replacing Night Sights on a CZ-82

So I got my first C&R purchase, a really nice CZ-82 that looks like it was built, put in a box for 19 years and shipped out to me unissued and unused. Its really a nice pistol... but the night sights don't glow for crap!

They're supposed to be tritium but they look like white paint and glow just as well. Hell even my old Yugo SKS has chargeable night sights that still work!

My question is this; what are the options in replacing/fixing the night site capability? I love the sights otherwise, easiest pistol sights I've ever used, I just wish they would glow...
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Replacing Night Sights on a CZ-82

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    So I got my first C&R purchase, a really nice CZ-82 that looks like it was built, put in a box for 19 years and shipped out to me unissued and unused. Its really a nice pistol... but the night sights don't glow for crap!

They're supposed to be tritium but they look like white paint and glow just as well. Hell even my old Yugo SKS has chargeable night sights that still work!

My question is this; what are the options in replacing/fixing the night site capability? I love the sights otherwise, easiest pistol sights I've ever used, I just wish they would glow...
    Go to-gunboards.com-,then to the Makarov section,it deals with anything that fires 9x18 rounds.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    So I got my first C&R purchase, a really nice CZ-82l... but the night sights don't glow for crap!

They're supposed to be tritium but they look like white paint...
    From whom did you buy this CZ-82, and was it advertised with tritium sights?

And how about a photo, particularly of the sights? Here's mine:
    -- -- --

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Dauphin County)

I think CZ just uses some type of "glow-in-the dark" type paint on their sights. I have a CZ85B with three dot sights, and they glow for a little while if you hold them near a bright light for a few minutes. Sorta like a McDonalds happy meal toy, ya know. I love my CZ, but I can't call them night sights.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.