Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Don't you think that's a little excessive?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    I never had that problem. I just pointed out that I'd buy six of whatever I wanted and sell the other five at enough of a mark-up that mine was "free." A liberal application of jewelry bought with my profits also helped.
    I didn't say that my wife says no, just that in the beginning the questions were asked as to why somebody needs that many.

It sounds like you have exactly the "problem" I was describing. Since "a liberal application of jewelry" was bought, would you not say that you compromised in order to get something you wanted?

For what it's worth, I don't buy jewelry in order to get things that I want and don't need.

Ha ha ha, you guys crack me up with the "did you hit her stuff"
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    I never had that problem. I just pointed out that I'd buy six of whatever I wanted and sell the other five at enough of a mark-up that mine was "free." A liberal application of jewelry bought with my profits also helped.
    Are you an FFL?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I spent a holiday talking to my FIL one year about custom trucks, 4x4 etc..
    He saw the one I was building and said he always wanted to build a VW microbus with a Ford engine for taking out on the trails to get to hunting blinds etc..

at the end of the day the two of us, my wife & MIL were saying our goodbyes.. and the chat about the bus came back up...

My MIL stated "If you buy that, I'll leave you", I turned around and said to my wife [really to my MIL as everyone picked up on] "You ever say something like that to me, and I'll have your shit on the porch before bedtime"

Now that both my Wife & FIL have passed away, the microbus with the ford engine that's sitting in my garage is part of my memories of good times in the past.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Allegheny County)

Excessive, ask her how many pairs of shoes she owns!
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    My Thanksgiving was the same this year as it always is, pretty awesome. We have a "family tradition" that has been going on for about 15 years or so. The day starts with confirming zero on everyones deer rifle and then shooting pretty much everything we own/bring. Usually at the left over pumpkins from my dads garden.

I had my M1, 1911, G32, Sccy, Rem 700, SKS and a couple of .22s laid out on the picnic table. My cousins husband told her they were all mine.

CH - See, [ReconLdr] gets to have more than 2 guns.

C - They aren't all his.

Me - Yes they are, and that's only what I brought with me.

C - That's too many, why the hell do you need that many guns.

Me - It's not I need this many, I want this many.

C - Does your wife know how many guns you have?

Me - She knows I have guns, I don't think she really knows how many I have.

C - Don't you think that's a little excessive?

Me - The only time a person can have too many guns is when you have to swim across a creek or river carrying them.

C - (to her husband) you have your hunting gun and your Kimber, if you need more than that, you can store them at your new house, cause you won't be living with me.

I guess he (my cousins husband) bought the Kimber about a month ago and didn't tell her about until they got the credit card bill. She is not anti-gun, she just doesn't like to spend money. She is ok with the hunting rifles because then she won't have to buy meat.
    RESPONSE - Damn honey, i'm really going to miss you. See ya later bye.

I hate when either spouse tries to be "controlling" those type words should never be spoke by either party.

As to if we think having too many guns is excessive - this is a gun board - It isin't excessive to me - but i'm willing to bet that there are some gun owners that don't get it either. I've had other casual shooters suggest i own too many guns. I also have older friends that are hunters and can not understand why i keep that much "extra" ammo or own EBR's. I find gun owners to be an odd group of people. Hell, there are a bunch that still don't really get what the 2nd Amendment is really all about - it sure as hell isn't about hunting or shooting sports.

(Bucks County)

hey can i come over yout house next thanksgiving...sounds like the place to be if you like to shoot

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    RESPONSE - Damn honey, i'm really going to miss you. See ya later bye.

I hate when either spouse tries to be "controlling" those type words should never be spoke by either party.

As to if we think having too many guns is excessive - this is a gun board - It isin't excessive to me - but i'm willing to bet that there are some gun owners that don't get it either. I've had other casual shooters suggest i own too many guns. I also have older friends that are hunters and can not understand why i keep that much "extra" ammo or own EBR's. I find gun owners to be an odd group of people. Hell, there are a bunch that still don't really get what the 2nd Amendment is really all about - it sure as hell isn't about hunting or shooting sports.
    I agree.

Hey if DC wants something who am I to say he can't have it. He's a big boy and can make those decisions on his own. The only time I said anything about not buying anymore guns is when he was waiting for his kimber to come in, I wanted to make sure he had the money available so that he could pick it up the same day it arrived. Now that it's here he can buy anything he wants and can afford

The ultimatum statements that come out of some people mouths amaze me. How do you expect to have a loving relationship if you're controlling the others life enough to suffocate their dreams/wishes. I don't get it.

This......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post

Very true. I've had uncles who own a ton of hunting rifles, ask me why I need AKs or ARs because I can't hunt with them. They don't really see the need for them. Or they don't understand stand why you need more than one

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    I agree.

Hey if DC wants something who am I to say he can't have it. He's a big boy and can make those decisions on his own. The only time I said anything about not buying anymore guns is when he was waiting for his kimber to come in, I wanted to make sure he had the money available so that he could pick it up the same day it arrived. Now that it's here he can buy anything he wants and can afford

The ultimatum statements that come out of some people mouths amaze me. How do you expect to have a loving relationship if you're controlling the others life enough to suffocate their dreams/wishes. I don't get it.
    This is why DC and Tootie have been married a long time. That is what a true relationship is about. It boils down to respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    hey can i come over yout house next thanksgiving...sounds like the place to be if you like to shoot
    ^^THIS^^

Hey, Recon...make sure you post up your next group shoot...errrr..."family holiday gathering!"
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast