Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING TO PISS YOU OFF!

Our last tax hike in Grove City was in 1981 to pay for a new police/fire station. Two years later, they reduced the tax and it has been held at the same rate or lowered since (last year we cut property taxes 37.5%). We just passed our 28th budget without an increase. It's only 2.5 mills.

Y'all are welcome to come here!

(of course, that doesn't free you from the insane PA or US taxation policies...)
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Now your just being selfish and arrogant! How the hell do you expect the director of the DRPO to pay for his 330,000$ office makeover!?! You of all people should know how much a custom made mahogany desk costs.

Besides, most of us would happily pay twice as much to leave NJ. What really frosts me is having to pay to drive through NJ and then pay to enter NYC. Fortunately they let you out for free. I think they figure that after parking fees and a parking ticket or two your fleeced out and will become a nuisence, so out you go.
    Nope, You don't pay to enter NYC, you pay to leave NJ. They just charge more on the east side then they do on the wast side.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Our last tax hike in Grove City was in 1981 to pay for a new police/fire station. Two years later, they reduced the tax and it has been held at the same rate or lowered since (last year we cut property taxes 37.5%). We just passed our 28th budget without an increase. It's only 2.5 mills.

Y'all are welcome to come here!

(of course, that doesn't free you from the insane PA or US taxation policies...)
    Isn't Grove City a dry town? Barring that, I'd move up. But, I must have an outlet to get fall-down intoxicated every few months on a bender without driving other than my living space.
    F*S=k

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Isn't Grove City a dry town? Barring that, I'd move up. But, I must have an outlet to get fall-down intoxicated every few months on a bender without driving other than my living space.
    Actually, GC just became a wet town a couple years ago. It barely passed, but all it needed was a simple majority. The only establishment is a dumpy bar with drug issues.

Otherwise, you can head a couple miles outside of town and find several places that serve really good food (and just happen to serve alcohol, too).

If you (or anyone else) heads up this way for some Christmas shopping at the outlets, let me know. I'll come shoot the breeze over a burger...
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Actually, GC just became a wet town a couple years ago. It barely passed, but all it needed was a simple majority. The only establishment is a dumpy bar with drug issues.

Otherwise, you can head a couple miles outside of town and find several places that serve really good food (and just happen to serve alcohol, too).

If you (or anyone else) heads up this way for some Christmas shopping at the outlets, let me know. I'll come shoot the breeze over a burger...
    Hey, thanks for the heads up on GC and invitation. I'll remember. Once every few years I go on an all out shopping spree at some outlet center.
    F*S=k

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Now your just being selfish and arrogant! How the hell do you expect the director of the DRPO to pay for his 330,000$ office makeover!?! You of all people should know how much a custom made mahogany desk costs.

Besides, most of us would happily pay twice as much to leave NJ. What really frosts me is having to pay to drive through NJ and then pay to enter NYC. Fortunately they let you out for free. I think they figure that after parking fees and a parking ticket or two your fleeced out and will become a nuisence, so out you go.
    I don't know at the moment but let me run over to the custom furniture mill near my house and ask

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    You don't really seem to understand how individual responsibility is important to the success of a free society. If you say you are happy when 'someone else gets to foot the bill' you demonstrate that you really don't get it. So, my recommendation to you is that you take some time to learn more and in the mean time:

This almost caused me to wake up my wife and son from laughter. I think I turned purple trying to hold it in.

Max, I think Wiley brought it on him self. The first mention of him being a troll was made by him while he called someone a yutz and accused those that didn't agree with him of group think. That's a sure way to get a smack down IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Nope, You don't pay to enter NYC, you pay to leave NJ. They just charge more on the east side then they do on the wast side.
    Dontcha hate it when you miss the obvious? I think my general distaste for NYC got in my way. While it's not the deep dark evil place people sometimes see it as...I don't like any crowded, overpriced places.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567