Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New police car

(Cambria County)

Default Re: New police car

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    I could tell you how much I know but you would be embarrassed and hang your head in shame and I would never do that to you.

Anyway, none of that has anything to do with my question, "Who ever thought that plastic guns would catch on?" It really doesn't matter how long they took to catch on, they did eventually.
    So now you go with a pompous personal attack regarding Warpt's knowledge. Then you continue to persist in pursuing a completely off-topic issue that you probably think has a high likelihood of inciting a fight. I mean, c'mon... You keep bringing up the 'plastic gun' comments in half of your posts because you are here just looking for a fight.

I usually try to avoid handing out neg reps... but here is yours for trolling. Hopefully you will prove me wrong through your actions (not with some 'clever' argument) and I will give the rep back to you several times over. You would not be the first person I have had that experience with.

[/troll-feeding]

Why would I want to make friends with people who insult me?
    I'm not sure that you care, either way.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Whew! Had to wipe away a tear with that one! Hilarious!

I guess the car has nice features but um... I think its Fugly. Really.

The Grove police car looks waaay better. The steelers plate gives it huge points!
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Luzerne County)

Why would I want to make friends with people who insult me?
    During your time out re-examine your reason for being here.

It's quite clear, looking at the three threads you've replied to today, you came looking for nothing more than a juvenile fight. That behavior is discarded as what it is. Not worthy of engaging in.

You get one chance, then we simply forget you existed. We have no time to entertain trolls.

Up to you now.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    The Grove police car looks waaay better. The steelers plate gives it huge points!
    Thanks! When I first got on council, I started telling the borough manager that we should look into the Chargers. Three years later, we got one. Enough of us insisted on black, too (our Vics were white). The kids in the neighborhood love it. They call it the "stealth cop car." Our cops actually get along well with the citizens (refreshing!).

The cops love the car. We have some tall, skinny cops and some really broad-shouldered cops. All are comfortable in it during their 12-hr shifts. There is plenty of room for the radios, guns (shotty and AR), and the Panasonic Toughbook. It's been a durable car so far. We buy a new car every year (we have three cars that we replace on a rotating basis). Our next will be another black Charger.

As much as our cops, our borough manager, and our borough council likes the Charger, I see no need for that "purpose-built" car. It has more bells and whistles, but we simply don't need them. Our car does everything we need.

As for the Steelers sticker on the front plate, that was done by our borough manager as a joke. The chief is a Seahawks fan...and a Crown Vic fan. This was a way to jokingly poke at him.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Allegheny County)

How fast does it need to be? A radio travels faster than any car on the road. As for margins, there's no way to know what their numbers are based on. They don't need to recoup their costs in the first year. We don't know what their COGS are, which will come down as they produce more.

If they did their homework, they have some idea if there's an actual market out there, else the knowledge may be leveraged for a future endeavor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345