Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: Gun owners who are "against the cause"

hes probably not old enough to own guns and just shouted out 1911 because its the universal pistol everyone can recognize he sounds like my litle sister
    If it go's BOOM, I want it

(Delaware County)

There is no arguing with some people! This I have learned throughout my life.
    All you can do is try to educate, you can lead them to the water.

Like you I have had my days with uneducated folks. Maybe I can share how I lost a friend?

Most of you know I am an avid motorcycle rider. I am also the safety officer for my Harley Owners Group.(HOG) It is a position I take very seriously. So we are at a monthly meeting with 100 folks at a restaurant in Aston, PA, and I know very well, there are 15 members that carry. One owns a gun shop. So when you come in you are required to sign in to the attendance book like any organization, and while a member carrying a 1911 was signing in, bent over his weapon and his holster was exposed. The member behind him was the offended party.
    So the meeting goes on, and we have a segment where it is said, "Does anyone have anything for good and welfare?" The offended individual stands, and walks to front of the room, and begins to speak to his being offended that people are carrying guns, etc. He says all the crazy stuff people say, "why do we need them", "It's a family organization", "we have kids on our runs", "why can't we leave them outside"? and a few other stumbling things, like "I own a gun but I keep it locked at home"!
    Now, I tell you all this with me knowing there are over 15 people carrying in the room, me included.
    What do I do? I go home and e mail him some info on LTCF, Open Carry and other facts. He responds and gets mad and flippant. That forces me to send more, he gets madder but always wants the last word. I won't have that. So I continue until he bans me from his inbox. I have others send him stuff, because he is belligerent.
    30 days later, at our next meeting, I have 30 people wear to the meeting any GUN T shirts/hats or jackets they may have. The usual Harley heavy logo were quickly replaced with NRA/S&W/Glock logos. He was less than amused.
    I had known this guy for 4 years, rode with him over 10,000 miles, and he never knew "I" was always packing. I lost a friendship, and he never changed his thinking. I see him every month, we acknowledge one another but the closeness is gone.

All you can do is try to educate! The learning is on them!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    Idiot: ..

I own a 1911, but I'm not stupid enough to live in an area where I'll likely be required to use it at some point.
    This guy doesn't sound old enough to buy a handgun. probably a gift or something, probably unfired.

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    Idiot: Uh, yeah it will. Ghettos dont follow people wherever they move.
    Uh yeah...Ghettos do move around, and living where I have lived, I've seen it first hand. People move away from the shitty areas to get away from the garbage, but they bring it with them and don't change their ways at all. Next thing you know, the surrounding communities are full of rundown homes and you start seeing drug dealers on the corners, and you're not quite sure why your new, young, female neighbor always has so many guy friends coming and going but you've got a pretty good idea. Then the roaches come...

I've lived it. And I'm starting to see it where I live now, unfortunately. I moved from South Jersey and put an 80 mile buffer between me and Philly, and now I can't even make it to Exton before it gets trashy. It'll won't be long before I can't make it to Morgantown, then New Holland, then Lancaster will basically be in the Philly Metro. I'd say that'll probably happen before I retire. Give it 40-50 years, tops.

(Northampton County)

I lost a friendship, and he never changed his thinking. I see him every month, we acknowledge one another but the closeness is gone.
    I would say he was never really a friend.

On another note....I feel the same statist...authoritirian types that don't want us to have guns are in many cases the same people that want to force motorcyclists to wear helmets,drivers to wear seatbelts & want the gov to make our desicions for us. I have no use for these types.

(Lehigh County)

This Idiot you speak of doesn't seem to realize that the BG's only shoot each other in the ghettos over drugs or other dumb shit. When they want to steal shit, the go to the 'burbs or the more upscale neighborhoods. Why would they steal from people who don't have much to begin with? Makes more sense to take from people who have more.

I live in Allentown, Salisbury township. We have very little crime in my area, but I have to drive through some pretty nasty neighborhoods to go anywhere. (S 4th street or south side Bethlehem) The hood rats have come into my area for some armed robbery, or home invasions.

Some people just don't get it. This guy is an idiot.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Uh yeah...Ghettos do move around, and living where I have lived, I've seen it first hand.
    Truth.

I'm sure everyone on this forum can point to an area and say, "I remember when this street had really nice homes on it. Now it's just a trouble spot."

If you haven't had that experience yet, you soon will. You just aren't old enough.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Bucks County)

some people just lack common sense and argueing with or attempting to reason with them is just as futile as reasoning with a drunk. the best thing to do is steer clear of them and go about your business.

(Northampton County)

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear his perspective if the day ever comes where his home is burglarized and/or, God forbid, his family's well-being is threatened in his nice, safe neighborhood? It's already been said, but BGs who really want to steal valuable things venture out of the ghetto into the 'burbs, where people are more likely to have higher incomes and, therefore, nicer stuff. It amazes me sometimes how ignorant people can be.

There's also the possibility that Idiot is a professional forum-flamer, too. It's odd what gets some people's rocks off...

(Philadelphia County)

This is all too typical of middle class brats. If you live in an area with crime then you must be stupid or one of those dirty poor people who deserve to be victimized. Everyone should move out of the city and live in their parents' suburban basement playing XBox, with perhaps the occasional visit to the mall for cultural enrichment.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    This is all too typical of middle class brats. If you live in an area with crime then you must be stupid or one of those dirty poor people who deserve to be victimized. Everyone should move out of the city and live in their parents' suburban basement playing XBox, with perhaps the occasional visit to the mall for cultural enrichment.
    I don't know. I see this type of attitude on firearms and self defense forums all the time.
    "Why would you carry a BUG? If you feel like you need more than one gun where you live, you should move. Also, you must be looking for trouble."
    "Why would you carry that much ammo? You're not in Iraq are you? If you feel like you need that much ammo where you live, you should move. Also, you must be looking for trouble."
    "Knives are tools, not weapons. If you feel like you need to carry a knife for self defense where you live, you should move. Also, I don't know how to use one, so that means knives are totally ineffective for self defense anyway. Oh yeah, and you must be looking for trouble. You're probably a mall ninja too."
    "Why would you carry more than one knife? You're crazy and I find you frightening. I bet you eat puppies."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast