Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Job Opportunities in PA

I know there are many people who are either unemployed or know someone who is unemployed. I thought I would start a thread where people can post job opportunities they know of in PA.

After I graduated from Temple in May I was applying for tons of jobs. I got some suggestions for companies to apply for from people on here so I thought I would try to return the favor and hopefully others can join in!

I am currently working for DaVita which is a Kidney Dialysis company. There is a Central Billing Office in Berwyn, PA (Chester County) and they have facilities all over. So there are jobs for people with a business background, medical billing background, and those in the health field. I did a search on their site for opportunities within a 150 mile radius from Madisonburg, PA (looking at a map of PA it looked to be around the center of the state) and found 73 jobs.

I know when I was looking for a job Wegmans was mentioned as a great place to work. It looks like they have a few openings in PA.

It also seems like Target is expanding in PA with the addition of their food markets to many PA stores. I have heard they have great management programs.

When I was still job hunting I also tried local hospitals and universities. They seemed to have a variety of job openings.

I hope this helps someone!
    I'll keep my money, my guns and my freedom, you can keep the "change"!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Job Opportunities in PA

Great idea, caa2003.

I know Comcast is looking to fill about 50 jobs at the Radnor Financial Center in Software Development and Test.

I don't know any details about the exact requirements, but Comcast.com should help with that. What I do know is that Comcast is looking to move into the cell provider world and building a VoIP department, so I'm assuming they're looking for engineers with experience in that area.

(Lycoming County)

Wegmans is opening a new Store in Malvern, then King of Prussia after that. Recession, what recession? They are adding thousands of jobs this year and next. Still privately owned, only employees are Shareholders.

Be safe (and a Shareholder).

Scott

(Lackawanna County)

We had a thread way back when (a year+ ago)....

In fact - a "Help a buddy find a job" sticky was suggested.

Idea seemed to get little support & died off.
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Lackawanna County)

Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Monroe County)

T-Mobile wireless in Allentown is ALWAYS hiring for reps, thinking starting rate is around 12 - 13 / hour, 401k matching, good vacation, shift diffs, good health insurance... etc

it ain't great money but it isn't bad. plus the phone benefits are outstanding if you need a cell phone.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Luzerne County)

Journeyman Machinist / Tool & Die Maker

My company is looking for one in the Hazleton Area. If this is you or you know someone, drop me a PM

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by caa2003 View Post
    I know when I was looking for a job Wegmans was mentioned as a great place to work. It looks like they have a few openings in PA.
    I used to work there. I was the busiest cashier there for a year and a half. It wasn't unusual for me to work an 8 hour shift on register without a break, lunch or even a pause in my line.

When I moved back to PA last year I tried to get my job back but the new HR lady (who covers three stores instead of one HR rep per store) said I wasn't qualified.

Not sure how she came to that conclusion but whatever I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by caa2003 View Post
    It also seems like Target is expanding in PA with the addition of their food markets to many PA stores. I have heard they have great management programs.
    I just applied to work at the new Target on Airport Rd and Rt22 in Allentown. I called and asked if they were hiring and the woman said they were hiring part time but if I wanted full time I could take two part time jobs and they'd schedule me for 40 hours a week between the two.

I did the application online and a couple days later I called to ask about it. They said they had my application but not to call them anymore, they would call me. In my experience that line right there is an attempt at politely telling me to fu** off.

Either way, the manager at that Target is very much anti gun and spews that point of view to anyone who will listen. (a friend of mine got a seasonal job there recently and informed me of that little tidbit)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    T-Mobile wireless in Allentown is ALWAYS hiring for reps, thinking starting rate is around 12 - 13 / hour, 401k matching, good vacation, shift diffs, good health insurance... etc

it ain't great money but it isn't bad. plus the phone benefits are outstanding if you need a cell phone.
    And the hour and a half online application bites lol. I'm waiting for some sort of email from them.

I posted my resume on Careerbuilder and got an inquiry from a place called Bankers Life and Casualty Insurance. Said they wanted me to apply for a sales manager in training position. I have an interview next Wednesday so that should prove interesting.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post

HAHAHA! My friend used to work there, a co-worker used to carry his guns to work, I think he said the guy was bald and crazy. I wouldn't be suprised if the guy is a member here.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

I got the "corporate downsizing" in October, and since I am taking home the highest amount of unemployment compensation, they made me sign up.

There are a lot of jobs on there, just haven't found anything for me in sales.....I have 10 years experience with Kellogg's and I found that the insurance sales jobs are something I really don't want to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast