Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default State Lawmakers for Legal Immigration

I'm thinking a few of you may be close-by & would want to attend,

State Lawmakers for Legal Immigration to Convene in Philadelphia to Unveil Unprecedented National Security Begins at Home Initiative
    WHAT: Pennsylvania State Representative and coalition founder Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) will join with lawmakers representing no less than 10 different states on Friday for the first-ever State Legislators for Legal Immigration National Security Begins at Home Rally at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.

Organized in the same tradition of past Continental Congresses held in Philadelphia that brought forth both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, state lawmakers from across the nation will convene for the first time to announce the next course of action for this national coalition that is dedicated toward working together with all levels of government to eliminate all economic attractions and incentives for illegal aliens, as well as securing our national borders against unlawful invasion.

Date: Friday, July 27

Time: 10 a.m.

Place: National Constitution Center, Rooftop Overlook Terrace
    525 Arch Street, Independence Mall
    Philadelphia, PA

LIVE WEBCAST: Log on to www.RepMetcalfe.com beginning at 9:55 a.m. on Friday morning.

News Advisory
    Office of State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe
    July 26, 2007
    FOR INFORMATION:
    Ty McCauslin
    (717) 571-2176

Default Re: State Lawmakers for Legal Immigration

Who watched?

Sorry, this was a last minute alert, I wasn't aware of it myself til 10:10am EST!

(Perry County)

Default Re: State Lawmakers for Legal Immigration

Damn, missed it.

But sounds like they have the right idea:
    • Requiring mandatory employer enrollment in the federal Social Security Basic Pilot New Employee Verification program.
    • Eliminating all non-medical emergency, public benefits for illegal aliens and subsequently requiring verification of lawful presence in the United States to receive them.
    • Terminating the professional license of any employer who knowingly hires an illegal alien
    • Maintaining criminal history records of previously detained illegal immigrants.
    • Withholding all state and federal highway funding from ”sanctuary cities" that either refuse to report or willingly assist illegal aliens with obtaining employment, housing, education, driver’s licenses or other types of financial assistance and taxpayer-funded, public benefits.
    • Establishing tough criminal penalties for anyone convicted of human trafficking.
    • Revising state tax codes to penalize non-profits for aiding and abetting illegal aliens.
    • Enacting legislation challenging judicial misinterpretations of the 14th Amendment allowing “anchor babies" or children born of illegal immigrants in the United States to automatically obtain citizenship and receive taxpayer-funded public benefits.
    • Changing banking laws to prohibit illegal aliens from obtaining access to all financial services, including wire transfers.
    I really like what they're doing. Not sure if it will work or not. But I like it anyway.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.