Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My collection is complete

I finally have the pistol that I wanted to buy for the past 7 years. This is a Russian IZH35M competition pistol chambered in 22LR. EAA stopped importing these pistols a couple of years ago because Remington bought the rights to import Baikal. I was hoping that some other company would begin importing the IZH35M, but no one stepped up to the plate. The prices on these pistols double and sometimes tripled in price. I was fortunate enough to find someone selling his for a very good price. I picked up the pistol this afternoon, but I am still waiting on the UltraDot to arrive. I normally do not give my firearms a name, but she is special. I will call her Maria...in honor of another Russian beauty...Maria Sharapova. I love how the pistol looks, but some people think the pistol is one ugly mofo. I happen to like the looks of Maria. I am debating on leaving the grip alone, or buying custom grips for her.

Congrats, that's a good looking gun, and far more accurate than a Glock I bet As far as having a complete collection, is there such a thing? To state that your collection is complete almost implies that you do not intend to buy any more firearms, and we can't have that now can we? I think the more correct term for you is that you have fullfilled a requirement for your collection, not that is complete.

have fun at the range, I know a trip is coming soon with a shooter like that on hand.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

I'm sure the GlockIA will jump on this thread and make it known that the Glock is the endall pistol.

My collection is truly complete now...however, if something unique catches my eye...I may modify my remarks. I am still thinning out my collection...and I hope to sell most to members on this site.

I really don't know why I waited this long to buy this pistol. CDNN had them 3 years ago for $350 NIB. I have actually seen them for $950, which to me is insane...for that money I would invest in a Pardini. The best part about this pistol is that it will eat the cheap ammo or the expensive ammo. I have 1k of Wolf ME aka SK...I am hoping that she will group very well with this ammo. I shall post a range report once I get the UD on her.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    ..but some people think the pistol is one ugly mofo...
    Thats the bastard love-child of Robocop and Max Headroom.

Im sure its gonna be a champ.

NICE.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Thats the bastard love-child of Robocop and Max Headroom.

Im sure its gonna be a champ.

NICE.

LMAO...that was good...hey your mauser doesn't look that good to me, but you will cherish her. BTW I was talking to someone that owns an Argentine Mauser...I asked him about accuracy...he said it's very accurate...as long as the bore is shiny...so clean it when you get her home...and inspect the bore.

(Bucks County)

that is one hardcore target machine
    Drak
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

Aubie, I think that gun looks freaking crazy, but not in a bad way, lol. It is so unconventional that I think it actually takes you a bit of looking to appreciate it. I really do think that it's a beautiful gun, and it looks quite innovative and original to me. I really like the grip actually, I think the wood on it is pretty nice, and it's adjustable. Were you thinking of putting a different kind of wood on it, something polymer, or what? Either way, I'm happy that you're so pleased with it, and I hope that you enjoy it.

Tommy, a company in TX makes custom grips with the finger inserts. When the Russians designed the grip...they intentionally made it oversized and bulky...the idea was for the individual shooter to adjust the grip to fit his/her hand. I could try to do that myself, but I liked those custom grips as well.

Lol, that's pretty wild, don't we just make about everything here in Texas (besides toyotas, hondas, and those foreign machines). Then again, even the Texas Instruments computer chips are probably made in singapore or china, lol. That's interesting that they made it oversized for each person to adjust. If they offered custom grips, I'd buy one just so I could have my original grip for collector's value. Nice pistol.

(Union County)

Aubie515:
    You lie,
    You lie, there is no way your collection is complete; I have said that many over the past 30 plus years.; but it seems that I am always finding some kind of a stray that keeps calling to me. The last stray I picked up was .41 Auto Mag that followed me home. I have yet to find a quality .38 Super, Big Bore Rifle, or custom Hunting Revolver that I could turn down.

I guess I am addicted and me thinks so are you.

grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast