Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Non Resident Handgun Hunting

I am new on here. I am not sure where to post this question. I would like to hunt deer in Pennsylvania with a handgun. I have heard that there are some different laws governing the carry of the handgun while hunting. It appears to be a gray area.
    Do I need a ccw from my state to hunt with a handgun in PA? I will not carry concealed. Heard that you need to get a permit for the county I will hunt in.
    I can not find specifics on this issue.
    Again, I will not be carrying concealed and will be hunting with a revolver.
    Thanks for your help!

(York County)

Default Re: Non Resident Handgun Hunting

all you need is a non resident hunting license and all other proper hunting licenses... Open carry is legal In pa so when you get to your hunting location go back to your trunk pull out your unloaded revolver load it place it in your holster (openly) and commence hunting... Just like you were rifle hunting...

I have no links to information just read and flipped through my hunters digest for 2009-2010 hunting season and all i have read on OC in PA ( I oc) you just can't drive with it so just place it in your trunk unloaded and cased just to be on safe side until you get here to hunt

(Jefferson County)

An OH permit/license to carry will cover you for carrying openly or concealed in a vehicle. But since PA and OH dont have an agreement, you will have to open carry as you step foot out of the vehicle.

You can get a Sportsmans Permit that will allow you to conceal while actually hunting. And if you have your OH permit/license, you can get a non-resident PA LTCF which will remove any complications with carrying concealed when not hunting fishing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Beaver County)

These guys gave you the scoop, good luck i will be out with with my sbh monday, i got one tied up out on the back 40. Mtn Jack
    In a world of compromise some men dont.