Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Can you shoot at a gun range or on private property in another state...

....which you don't have reciprocity for? I'm aware of the transportation laws and I'm guessing since the destination is not to another state you're legal in I guess not? I'm visiting family and friends in MD for Thanksgiving and they're gun owners and will probably be shooting on their property. I'd like to take a few handguns and ammo to shoot on their property too but I suppose transporting them from the Mason Dixon to their property is the problem? Can anyone clarify, thanks

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Can you shoot at a gun range or on private property in another state...

Can you shoot at a gun range or on private property in another state...
    How come this question is never asked regarding WV? It's always MD and NJ. Sorry, I don't know enough about MD except to pass through it as quickly as the speed limit allows.

Default Re: Can you shoot at a gun range or on private property in another state...

Transporting into an unfriendly state, is NOT covered by Fed Transport Law.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    How come this question is never asked regarding WV? It's always MD and NJ. Sorry, I don't know enough about MD except to pass through it as quickly as the speed limit allows.
    Because Pa. has reciprocity with WV.

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    ....which you don't have reciprocity for? I'm aware of the transportation laws and I'm guessing since the destination is not to another state you're legal in I guess not? I'm visiting family and friends in MD for Thanksgiving and they're gun owners and will probably be shooting on their property. I'd like to take a few handguns and ammo to shoot on their property too but I suppose transporting them from the Mason Dixon to their property is the problem? Can anyone clarify, thanks
    My friend, you can possess fireams in all 50 states, cross state lines as long as you are in legal compliance with state and federal law. You are not speaking of carrying concealed, just merely taking them with you for vacation and then engaging in a legal lawful activity, NO PROBLEM.

Just ensure you are in complaince with that states law on transporting from point A to point B.

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    My friend, you can possess fireams in all 50 states, cross state lines as long as you are in legal compliance with state and federal law. You are not speaking of carrying concealed, just merely taking them with you for vacation and then engaging in a legal lawful activity, NO PROBLEM.

Just ensure you are in complaince with that states law on transporting from point A to point B.
    Sorry, but you are quite wrong.
    State law needs to be followed.

Well, guess we are all entitled to an opinion. I know of no state that prohibits firearms 100%...so that part of my statement is true.

Second, even if a state did prohibit all firearms, Federal law would trump said law as it pertains to transportation. Third, state law can regulate the lawful or illegal use of a firearm within its borders and I'm pretty sure Maryland does not prohibit non residents from engaging in legal lawful firearm activities...

Again, the OP was not talking about carrying concealed, only transporting into Maryland and then engaging in a lawful purpose, range shooting.

Please provide Maryland law that does not allow residents or non-residents to shoot at legal lawful venues?

(Centre County)

This was my opinion too. It's not like you're going to CC in public. I guess the sames goes if you're staying in OC at a friend's beach house for a week, you can't keep your gun in the house the entire week? Just what I thought. Thanks.

We need a 51st state, West Maryland. We have a West Virginia, well we need a Western MD too. Ashame western MD suffers the anti-gun laws because of eastern MDs gun troubles in Baltimore and Annapolis. This place I'm visiting is near Frostburg.
    Last edited by pennsy; November 22nd, 2009 at 12:50 PM.

Well, guess we are all entitled to an opinion. I know of no state that prohibits firearms 100%...so that part of my statement is true.

Second, even if a state did prohibit all firearms, Federal law would trump said law as it pertains to transportation. Third, state law can regulate the lawful or illegal use of a firearm within its borders and I'm pretty sure Maryland does not prohibit non residents from engaging in legal lawful firearm activities...

Again, the OP was not talking about carrying concealed, only transporting into Maryland and then engaging in a lawful purpose, range shooting.

Please provide Maryland law that does not allow residents or non-residents to shoot at legal lawful venues?
    Refering to long guns, that is true, mostly,(PRNJ) for example, handguns are another story, and Federal Law only covers transport through a state with restrictions.

The OP specifically stated Maryland. Again, please post the Maryland State Law that prohibits persons from engaging in legal lawful activity as it pertains to handguns?

I would guess that the SASS, IDPA, cowboy action shooting, three gun, and other shooting leagues, foundations, and events ought to be notified because all of those organizations have sponsored regional events there with participants from several states, all bringing handguns into Maryland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast