Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig P220 Carry vs P220

Anyone have both a P220 and a P220 Carry? Is there really a significant difference between the two with regards to everyday carry?

I want a P220 of some variety. I just can't decide which version to get. I may carry it, which is why I'm looking at the Carry version; but it doesn't seem that much smaller/lighter than the standard.

Default Re: Sig P220 Carry vs P220

I just bought a P220 carry. The P220 slide is about 1/2" longer in front of the rail. That's about the only real difference that I could see when I handled them, but I thought that extra 1/2" might make it a little more uncomfortable while driving/sitting, so I went with the Carry.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

Had both, and the only advantage I found with the Carry was while carrying IWB. It was a bit more comfortable when seated/driving for long periods. Otherwise I generally prefer the regular P220. I ended up trading the Carry model for another regular P220 in the end. On a side note, if you are looking to get a P220, make sure to get an older German one or the newest version with external extractor. My Carry(s) had the interim U.S. internal extractor and suffered from the last-round failure to feed that alot of that vintage P220 series suffered from. The newest external extractor versions seem to run 100% these days.

(Monroe County)

I have the 220 carry , awesome gun, flatter than a G30 , but carries 2 rounds less, very smooth recoil due to the European type mainspring , Mine has the internal extractor but no failure as yet , if i can find a flat lightweight holster for it i would use uit to carry. Nice Gun,

Nyman

(Chester County)

If you're looking for something "different" in a P220, consider the P220 SAO. Identical in size to the regular P220. I bought one a couple of months ago.

It's frighteningly accurate and easy to shoot -- it's easily as accurate (if not moreso) than my Nighthawk Talon. And when I say accurate, I mean accurate like I've shot 3 shot cloverleaf groups at 15 yards, offhand.

Not difficult to carry or conceal, either -- certainly easier than a 1911, and it seems to recoil less (fatter grip, I suppose). Really, really reliable, too. I haven't found a brand of ammo it doesn't love.

If I ever get around to hitting Master in SSP in IDPA I'm going to switch and use it for carry and CDP class.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Monroe County)

yup 220 carry has the same grip length of the 220, but the slide is the same length (roughly) as the p229.

(Montgomery County)

If your hands aren't too big, look for a P245. The slide is the same length as a P220 but the grip is shorter (takes 6 round mags) and it the magical old stamped slide design.
    They can generally be found in the $500 - $550 price range.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    If your hands aren't too big, look for a P245. The slide is the same length as a P220 but the grip is shorter (takes 6 round mags) and it the magical old stamped slide design.
    I'd love one of those (or its successor, the P220 Compact), in SAO, but they've yet to offer it. Kind of a bummer.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I do have large hands but the P245 and the P220 Compact fit me just fine. I just want the extra rounds I get with the P220.

(Armstrong County)

P220 (with slim grips)

P220 Carry (DAK)

The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast