Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Chuck Schumer goes hunting?

Wow. Is he starting to see the light?

WASHINGTON — Sen. Charles E. Schumer, who made his early career as a New York City congressman by fighting for gun control, has finally fired a gun himself — on his first hunting trip.

"I got three pheasants," Mr. Schumer, D-N.Y., told New York reporters in a conference call Wednesday, recounting a weekend outing in Nebraska with Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., as he touted a bill he introduced Wednesday to encourage hunters to donate animals to charity.

Mr. Schumer's hunting trip and legislation are part of his transformation to a gun stance more in keeping with his statewide constituency. He bragged Wednesday that Field and Stream magazine named him its person of the year for pushing legislation making more privately owned land available for hunting.

The senator's latest effort would allow hunters and meat processing plants to claim a tax deduction for the value of deer donated to food programs. It also would apply to other hunted animals such as turkey, Mr. Schumer said.

"The hunting, fishing and outdoor sporting industry is a bright spot in a dark economic time - and one that must be protected and allowed to grow," Mr. Schumer said in a press release. "This legislation will provide hunters with an economic boost, combat overpopulation of deer and help the hungry all at the same time."

Hunters would continue to pay a plant to process the animal but could claim that amount as a tax deduction.

Plants also could claim a tax deduction by donating the meat to a nonprofit organization such as the Venison Donation Coalition. For instance, under current law the Venison Donation Coalition would pay $65 in processing fees to the plant, which in turn would pay $10 in taxes to the government. Mr. Schumer's legislation removes the tax requirement, so the Venison Donation Coalition could pay $55 — saving $10 — while the processor makes the same amount as before.

Mr. Schumer said he will try to attach his measure to a tax-related bill in the Senate. There is no companion legislation in the House, a spokesman for Mr. Schumer said.

Hunters took 28,400 deer in Northern New York last year, Mr. Schumer's office reported. One deer contains about 160 servings of venison, he said.
    http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS02/311199965
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Chuck Schumer goes hunting?

It might possibly be his first time pheasant hunting, but I've seen pictures of him shooting guns before. One showing him shooting a pistol, I used as the basis for a letter to him asking if the photo was taken in NY State and if he had a NYS Pistol License and warning him that unlicensed possession of a loaded pistol in NYS was a felony offense.

But, beyond all that, Schumer is an oppurtunistic rat. Anything that he does to help hunters or hunting has already been triangulated and determined to be beneficial... to Schumer.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Allegheny County)

maybe we can get him on a hunting trip with Dick Chenney..........

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    It might possibly be his first time pheasant hunting, but I've seen pictures of him shooting guns before. One showing him shooting a pistol, I used as the basis for a letter to him asking if the photo was taken in NY State and if he had a NYS Pistol License and warning him that unlicensed possession of a loaded pistol in NYS was a felony offense.

But, beyond all that, Schumer is an oppurtunistic rat. Anything that he does to help hunters or hunting has already been triangulated and determined to be beneficial... to Schumer.

I thought it was already known that he had a carry license?

(Monroe County)

Brick it is not illegal to own Pistols in New York state, millions of Pistols are sold there and the Gunshops there are full of Pistols for sale.

Only that you have to have a Permit issued by your county to buy one and in the case of NYC you have to have a "license" issued by the Police department , in fact right in front of City Hall 'Bloomberg;s office there is a huge Gunshop right down the street full of guns for sale, dont believe all the crap you hear about New York.

It is interesting to note that New York City alone has 66'000 registered pistol owners while There are only 60'000 LTCF issued in PA, like i said dont believe all the crap you hear about new York .
    I lived in NYC for 36 years and been through the wringer so i know of which i speak, believe me NY is not a Pushover, There are millions of Guns there "illegal" and Legal.

(Monroe County)

Obtw, Charlie Schumer used to be my Senator, he is not a true anti-gunner , he has no problems with Israelis and Israeli settlers having the latest in fireams to beart back the Palestinians , he just have a proiblem with Americans having personal weapons.

Dont trust that Guy.

Nyman

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Brick it is not illegal to own Pistols in New York state, millions of Pistols are sold there and the Gunshops there are full of Pistols for sale.

Only that you have to have a Permit issued by your county to buy one and in the case of NYC you have to have a "license" issued by the Police department , in fact right in front of City Hall 'Bloomberg;s office there is a huge Gunshop right down the street full of guns for sale, dont believe all the crap you hear about New York.

It is interesting to note that New York City alone has 66'000 registered pistol owners while There are only 60'000 LTCF issued in PA, like i said dont believe all the crap you hear about new York .
    I lived in NYC for 36 years and been through the wringer so i know of which i speak, believe me NY is not a Pushover, There are millions of Guns there "illegal" and Legal.
    Most of those registered handguns are for hunting, target shooting and premiss permits. There are very few licenses for concelled carry, leaving the average NY'er with no means of self defense.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    maybe we can get him on a hunting trip with Dick Chenney..........
    The first thing I thought of when reading the title. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Most of those registered handguns are for hunting, target shooting and premiss permits. There are very few licenses for concelled carry, leaving the average NY'er with no means of self defense.
    Isn't it a little easier to get a permit outside of and further away from NYC?
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Wow. Is he starting to see the light?
    You're kidding right?
    Oldest play in the dem's playbook. Get a photo op hunting to show "sportsmen" he isn't going to take their guns. Emphasis on their guns.

Odds are he’s either up for re-election soon or he’s getting ready to head up some anti gun legislation and doesn’t want to piss of hunters.

Schumer is a true POS. Take it to the bank!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

No, it's so when he tries to ban guns he can say that he's all for hunting. See, I went hunting myself and loved it... blah blah blah.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast