Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default any OC in and around Reading?

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the forum, and currently live in FL. I grew up in PA and I will be moving back to the Reading/Kutztown/Wyomissing area in a few weeks. I have been CCing down here since I moved 3 years ago, but never in PA. I like the idea of OC for comfort and was wondering if there was a big group of people that OC in the Reading area.

Never noticed it growing up, but only started to really look. any tips or pointers for an OC newbie?

steviesterno

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: any OC in and around Reading?

First tip....stay out of Reading. That city is a pit. I always do my best do drive around, not through that dump. Second tip....if you have to go into Reading, NEVER NEVER NEVER go without being armed. Third tip....eat at The Works.....good food.

I have OC'ed a few times with no incident in and around the city while working and have been in a few stores on the outskirts of Reading. Most of the owners or managers in the stores were happy to see a law abiding gun owner. Most of what they see is the criminal element, which is a large portion of the city.

Print up the flyers available in this forum and be ready to hand them out.

Have a good retention holster.

Good luck and stay safe.

I OC in West Reading and Temple all the time. I avoid Reading like the plague...

(Berks County)

+1 on The Works. Great place, good place for a family night out if you have kids.

Regardless of whether you OC, make sure you apply for a LTCF so you have the option to CC if you need/want.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lancaster County)

I live just outside of reading "literly across the bridge" first off as per above, please carry at all times, this city is going to crap. I both OC and CC and have not had a problem so far. Other people have made posts on certain places around here that get funny about OC

Giant Food Stores
    Berkshire Mall
    Fairgrounds Square Mall
    Lowes

Now when i know im going there ill just CC

Now as far as the works, not a bad place, now im a little impartial being that i helped open that resturant when i was still in the food industry, but overall great place for family. Anyway welcome to berks county glad to have you aboard here with PAFOA and hope to see you around.

Dave

I've OCd down into (gasp!) Best Buy many times, spending as much as an hour there while the Dork Squad worked on my computer. I've been in and out of several stores in the area, and I think I even OCd into the mall one time to get my glasses fixed at Lenscrafters. I taught a class at Goggleworks, but I CC'd for that since it was stuffed with lefties who were running the place. But as has already been mentioned, I try to avoid Reading whenever possible, and never go unarmed.

(Berks County)

Only OC I've done in Reading was on the block outside my former apartment. I'm in Laureldale now and I've had no problems at the couple stores ive been (Redners, AC Moore, Walmart, Kmart, Office Max) to and the Fairgrounds mall.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

My lady lives in Temple, and im just outside of it up nera hamburg, I've OC'd in the Giant on 5th st a few times and no problems...OC to gas stations etc...everywhere i go i pretty much OC...and The works is good food...definately a plus on that one...

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by DGR959 View Post
    I live just outside of reading "literly across the bridge" first off as per above, please carry at all times, this city is going to crap. I both OC and CC and have not had a problem so far. Other people have made posts on certain places around here that get funny about OC

Giant Food Stores
    Berkshire Mall
    Fairgrounds Square Mall
    Lowes

Now when i know im going there ill just CC

Now as far as the works, not a bad place, now im a little impartial being that i helped open that resturant when i was still in the food industry, but overall great place for family. Anyway welcome to berks county glad to have you aboard here with PAFOA and hope to see you around.

Dave
    FYI Giant is still up in the air. They had instituted a no weapons policy but there is hearsay that they may have reversed it. So far it has not been confirmed and reports are a mix of issues and no issues. Letters and e mails have been sent, but there has not yet been a response since the reversal rumors.

Lowe's corporate policy is to follow state law.

http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/poclist.html Businesses that allow OC/CC

http://home.comcast.net/~2a.rights/L...CarryList.html List of businesses that prohibit OC/CC

http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/archive.html qn archive of OC/2A documents includign some corporate letters
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Berks County)

I live outside of Reading but work in there, I carry but do so concealed.
    The city is not what it once was, make sure you pack and I'm not referring to your lunch!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast