Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC AND HUNTING

Default CC AND HUNTING

i know i asked this question last year (i think) carrying a semiauto while hunting (with LTCF) is it legal? page 30 (in the pa hunting digest) MAGNIFYING SCOPES AND SIGHTS, persons hunting deer in archery season may not possess a firearm, except those individuals that have a license to carry firearms permit, and then only those firearms authorized by the permit (most sporting arms are not authorized).
    FJB

(Monroe County)

Default Re: CC AND HUNTING

Yes, you are permitted to carry a semi-auto pistol for defense, however you cannot use it for harvesting game an it must be concealed (no open carry)
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

I didn't think it mattered how the "defesive" sidearm was carried, as long as you had a LTCF for "protection" or "self defense" listed.

Maybe the no OC applies only to those with Sportsmans LTCFs?

Either way, I can't look anything up to be sure right now...just going off of memory, and I hope that OC isn't illegal, b/c that's really the only time I do OC...haha.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    I didn't think it mattered how the "defesive" sidearm was carried, as long as you had a LTCF for "protection" or "self defense" listed.

Maybe the no OC applies only to those with Sportsmans LTCFs?

Either way, I can't look anything up to be sure right now...just going off of memory, and I hope that OC isn't illegal, b/c that's really the only time I do OC...haha.

It doesn't what you have checked on your LTCF (self-defense or protection, etc) the LTCF is good for any and ALL reasons checked. There is no such thing as an LTCF for self-defense or a LTCF for target practice, etc. The LTCF allows the person to carry a firearm concealed, on or about their person of in a vehicle.

You can OC with a Sportman's Permit while hunting. There is no requirement that it must be carried concealed.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Yes, you are permitted to carry a semi-auto pistol for defense, however you cannot use it for harvesting game an it must be concealed (no open carry)
    This is false. There is no such requirement.

Sec. 2525. Possession of firearm for protection of self or others.

(a) General rule.- It is lawful for a law enforcement officer or any person who possesses a valid license to carry a firearm issued under 18 Pa C.S. Section 6109 (relating to licenses) to be in possession of a loaded or unloaded firearm while engaged in any activity regulated by this title.

(b) Construction.

(1) This section shall supersede any prohibition on the possession of firearms or ammunition contained in any other provision of this title.

(2) This subsection shall not be construed to permit the hunting or harvesting of any wildlife with a firearm or ammunition not otherwise permitted by this title.

(c) Definitions. - As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Firearm." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).

"Law enforcement officer." As defined in 18 Pa C.S. §6102 (relating to definitions).
    Last edited by Steve in PA; November 20th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

thanks for the reply's. i thought it was legal but wanted to make sure.
    FJB

You can carry any gun that a LTCF allows while hunting during any season.
    It does not need to be concealed unless you are within the boundries of a state park (not a state forest).
    Do not use your handgun to dispatch any game animal unless it's a legal gun to take game with during a specific season.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    You can OC with a Sportman's Permit while hunting. There is no requirement that it must be carried concealed.
    But does one need a Sportsman's permit if he/she has a valid LTCF?
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    i know i asked this question last year (i think) carrying a semiauto while hunting (with LTCF) is it legal? page 30 (in the pa hunting digest) MAGNIFYING SCOPES AND SIGHTS, persons hunting deer in archery season may not possess a firearm, except those individuals that have a license to carry firearms permit, and then only those firearms authorized by the permit (most sporting arms are not authorized).

Hey, bogey... I swear to god we had this exchange last year right before bear season. I was here back at home preparing for the wknd pre-party before bear seasons and you asked this. See, my memory isn't so bad... lol

Good luck hunting and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
    But does one need a Sportsman's permit if he/she has a valid LTCF?
    No, one does not.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    Hey, bogey... I swear to god we had this exchange last year right before bear season. I was here back at home preparing for the wknd pre-party before bear seasons and you asked this. See, my memory isn't so bad... lol

Good luck hunting and be safe.

No, one does not.
    damn, i knew i asked this question before (my memory is shot). im going to write it down on my office wall with a sharpie (yes, you can carry a semi-auto while hunting)you do have a good memory scaredonce.... this is what divorce and the economy do to ones mind
    FJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast