Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Taurus' The Judge

I'm kinda fond of what my Cobray M11 does for sheer spray fun. The judge seems like a gun in search of a problem that is not there.

a 410 is great if you are facing a rattlesnake. Thats about it . The slug is pointless as many conventional rounds fair better. 45 colt is a nice round, but once again there are better packages that will give you better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Spread is an asset when shooting flying targets.

It's a liability on the street.

I don't care how big of a spread it puts on a Shoot'n'See target, I care what it does when it hits something. You should see what my full auto airsoft does to one of those targets....

(Butler County)

Talking Re: Taurus' The Judge

My buddy bought the lightweight version with the 3" barrel the other day. I liked it so much I bought the limited edition Night Court Judge with a 3" barrel today. It has a blued black finish and actually says NIGHT COURT JUDGE on the barrel.

We shot my buddy's today with Colt .45 long and Remington 000 buck. It was a BLAST to say the least. We shot at 1 gallon water jugs at a measured 7 yards. The pistol was pretty accurate after we got used to the sights with the Colt .45 long's and the water jugs had a small entrance hole and the other side were blown apart. We only shot 2 five round boxes of the 000 buck. No targets, we just blasted away. The recoil of both rounds seemed the same. To my suprise the pistol had little muzzle rise and I was able to come back to the point of aim very quickly.

I kept mine in the box.

I think the 410 000 buck would ruin a bad guys day. The Colt .45 long with a 250 grain bullit definately would ruin a bad guys day.

I did not buy mine as a dedicated ccw. I'll probably carry it in my truck.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Allegheny County)

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunsRfun View Post
    Thanks for the info.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Butler County)

More info on the .45 Long Colt

http://www.chuckhawks.com/45Colt.htm

to all you that question what the judge could do at close range i invite you all to line up and let me smash you in the chest with sledge hammer that would be close to a short range blast from the judge

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 410kid View Post
    to all you that question what the judge could do at close range i invite you all to line up and let me smash you in the chest with sledge hammer that would be close to a short range blast from the judge
    You didn't take physics...did you?
    Watch from about 1:50 on...
    Last edited by synergy; April 29th, 2008 at 11:31 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 410kid View Post

Damn that would hurt without body armor. I decline to line up.

Cool Re: Taurus' The Judge

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    I like guns that work as lethal weapons. If you wanna fuck up someone eyes, so they don't want to fight....carry pepper spray.

If you want the ability to definitively stop a threat, there and then...carry a gun which is worth fighting with.

You want to shot someone trying to steal your car? That's called manslaughter/ attempted murder if your life wasn't in jeopardy. If that person had a gun...and you wound them with birdshot....you haven't stopped them from deciding to use their gun on you. And lets not forget, 1 lucky shot on their part could make it lights out for you.

Do what you want to do. I won't be carrying one, nor recommending one to anyone for a defensive weapon against anything other than snakes.
    Are you serious? Have you ever used pepper spray? Pepper spray is ineffective on 10% of the population. The remaining 90% can easily fight through the pain of a little pepper spray, easily if they are stoned. Talk to a forensic pathologist regarding the likelihood of fatality by being shot in the face with 410 bird shot. You don't have to believe me, I speak from experience. Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

IMHO:

1. The only way this gun would make a reliable and effective weapon for personal defense is with .45 Colt or maybe the "pumpkin ball"/ buck at point blank range. For the cost, size, and weight, there are a boatload of way better choices on the market for personal defense guns.

2. Using ammunition and calibers that will likely cause a painful, superficial, less than lethal wound is a recipe for getting beaten to death with your own gun. If someone intends to do me sufficient harm to justify using a firearm in self-defense, I intend to send them to the morgue, not "scare them off".

3. This gun could make sense if you are a rancher or farmer who wants it for the truck, tractor, or open carry in case of snakes, coyotes, and trespassers. Even then, I'd probably choose something else.

4. I am never one to argue with buying a gun, any gun, just for the sake of having a cool "toy" to show off at the range. Back in the day, Colt made a similar gun and called it "Thunder Five". I admit I thought they were neat. But a good choice for a personal defense gun? NO.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast