Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Taurus' The Judge

I am not a fan of the ergonomics or looks of the Glock at all. I do have to give a nod to its boring reliability. They can withstand abuse and neglect as well as any other brand on the market.

I have a Sig, and H&K and too many others to list, including a Glock 20. I have had FTFs or fte with every brand but 4 (Including a Kahr mk9). Glock, H&K, SIG, and Seecamp. The Kahr is now 100% reliable after 700 rounds, but of the 3 taurus I have owned, each one had reliability issues. I sold all 3 eventually.

I have not owned a Judge, but I have fired one. Its manageable, but the trigger is crap.

My under the bed gun is a 12 guage 870, the wife has her 357.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liberty View Post
    I missed your part about the Block, er I mean the Glock. We don't really want to talk about those, do we?

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

I am willing to let by-gones be by-gones with Synergy. I think that he should be reminded that there is only one Supreme being and it isn't us! Thanks.

(Chester County)

I have a SigP229, and several other Sig pistols and HK's. My point has never been to carry this thing concealed. Anyone that would have actually read my posts would have known that. My point is that this would make a very effective by the side of the bed gun. In the middle of the night it would be easier to hit an intruder with a point and shoot gun. I also have my Sig229 by my bed, but I don't think you can simply disqualify this weapon. Especially considering the 3-inch cylinder version. You would get some of the spread of a shotgun without having to worry about your shot going through the drywall and killing someone in the next room.

You guys can disagree with me if you want, I couldn't care less. These are the facts as I believe. Most people will leave your home if they see a gun. Of the ones that won't, most of them will leave if you shoot the gun at them. Of those that won't, most will leave quickly if you shoot them. Of the one's that won't, most will leave if you shoot them again....

Do you get my point?

If a person comes into my house, they won't have to worry about just one.... but for other people I think this is a good lower cost option, and I do still want one.

As far as Synergy is related, he has been nothing but sarcastic and condescending to anyone that has a different opinion than his and in my opinion he is a tool. Look back at who cast the first stone here. If he doesn't want any then he shouldn't start it.

I agree as far as questionable quality with the Taurus name, but until Sig, HK, or S&W make a 410 revolver this is what we are stuck with.

BTW - SuperSoakers has a new gun out.
    Keep reading my posts. Or do you not know how to read?

I've seen more guns fired than you probably ever will, you had 3 posts here before you start in with your 1 newspaper clipping about the judge working once....congratulations, your turd worked. Know how many people are killed w/ rocks?

After you post up some of your shooting accomplishments, your opinion might be worth as shit...though I doubt it.

But hey, you wanna call me out, fine. Lets compare notes.
    I've seen well in excess of 1 million rounds go down range.
    I've out-shot master class IDPA shooters on multiple occasions.
    I help teach a class on lethal force and concealed carry.
    I shoot a good 5-7k rounds a year, that's just pistol.
    I work in a store and send guns back to manufacturers and see problem guns all the time,
    AND I supervise a range and help virtually everyone who has a jammed/ broken gun.

Now, somewhere in there...I got a clue as to what works well, and what doesn't.
    The Judge is a gimmick, and a cheap piece of shit. It has virtually no serious application, and is of suspect quality.

You want to sling personal attacks and make up dumb-ass put-downs just because my experience goes against your opinion...you're gonna have a tough time making friends here.

Wanna post up your experience? Or just crawl back underneath whichever rock you hide under? So far your words haven't been worth the bandwidth they take up....good luck changing that.

(Luzerne County)

Guys, we all forget that Synergy has a full auto airsoft and always ends his posts talking about "rough men that stand ready in the night", I'm just saying..... Synergy are you a member of MANBLA?
    synergy has some 1460 post across this board. you have what 11? All in this thread. You have not said anything to convince me to run out and buy a judge. Many have given reasons why I shouldn't.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Keep reading my posts. Or do you not know how to read?

I've seen more guns fired than you probably ever will, you had 3 posts here before you start in with your 1 newspaper clipping about the judge working once....congratulations, your turd worked. Know how many people are killed w/ rocks?

After you post up some of your shooting accomplishments, your opinion might be worth as shit...though I doubt it.

But hey, you wanna call me out, fine. Lets compare notes.
    I've seen well in excess of 1 million rounds go down range.
    I've out-shot master class IDPA shooters on multiple occasions.
    I help teach a class on lethal force and concealed carry.
    I shoot a good 5-7k rounds a year, that's just pistol.
    I work in a store and send guns back to manufacturers and see problem guns all the time,
    AND I supervise a range and help virtually everyone who has a jammed/ broken gun.

Now, somewhere in there...I got a clue as to what works well, and what doesn't.
    The Judge is a gimmick, and a cheap piece of shit. It has virtually no serious application, and is of suspect quality.

You want to sling personal attacks and make up dumb-ass put-downs just because my experience goes against your opinion...you're gonna have a tough time making friends here.

Wanna post up your experience? Or just crawl back underneath whichever rock you hide under? So far your words haven't been worth the bandwidth they take up....good luck changing that.
    Bragging about your accomplishments or supposed accomplishments? Is this kindergarten?

You really make me laugh, Synergy. Really I get a great laugh from how insecure you are that you would feel it is necessary to brag on a gun board when no one has any chance to confirm any accomplishment that you list. It really is very funny, but it also makes me feel a little sorry for you frankly.

You will never know or be able to verify who I am, or what I've done, or the things that I know about; therefore it would be pointless for me to type anything in this blog about that.

As far as convincing anyone to buy a Judge, once again I couldn't care less. I don't work for Taurus and I won't get a commission from their Judge sales. However, wrong is wrong so when I hear or see a supposed "expert" spouting off at the mouth and giving someone a wrong message regarding a gun buying decision, I feel compelled to intervene. 5-7K a year huh? Wow, I used to average 2K a month. LOL, you must be a young guy Synergy, to want to brag like that.

Congratulations for working in a store, last time I checked that requires neither a college degree or a plethora of business experience. I don't work in a store, I haven't reached that elevated height yet on the social ladder. I am not a captain of industry like you. I am sure a lot of parents though want their child to work in a store when they grow up. All that stuff about being a doctor or lawyer is just make believe. Wink Wink.

Regarding 1468 posts, that means to me that you probably don't have many friends to talk to. Nothing more. You don't fool me with your altiloquence. (Look that one up, after you're done checking ammo prices.)

I adhere to the old saying that states "Better to keep your mouth shut, and to appear stupid, then to open it and remove any doubts." Please continue to bloviate in this blog, as I said it does brighten my day with a good laugh. God bless you.
    Last edited by Mr_Liberty; November 11th, 2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Correction on Miss Synergy's number of quotes.

On a more serious note, how could you guys let Barack Osama bin laden win Pennsylvania?

(Westmoreland County)

I'm the one that started this post, and even I don't want one now. I appreciate the posts by members like synergy, who pointed out the Judge's flaws. It's good when you find something you like, want and see all the positives, but it's better when people help you find out the negatives and prevent a bad decision.

(Berks County)

I'm closing this thread, as it seems like the OP got the information he was looking for on the Judge.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819