Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: Taurus' The Judge

you guys suck.
    i realize that i missed this debate by a long shot, but the only reason i joined this forum is to tell you that you suck.
    i have been wanting to get a judge for months, and now i really am skeptical. i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gun that will fail me when i need it most.
    yet, at the same time, you all seem to be bashing the gun with extreme bias. i understand soo much negative feed back and bashing if a product really is that bad. however, you all say that there are better guns to shoot that ammo, and in fact better guns with better ammo than this multi purpose weapon. yet not even one of you has suggested a better buy.
    if it really does suck that much, well thats good to know. but what is better to know is an AFFORDABLE alternative.
    you all seem to forget that price is a factor with most of the people in the world. now, if you have a shitload of cash to though around and buy any gun you want, good for you. i, on the other hand, have little cas to work with which makes this an awesome buy.
    since reading all of this, i decided that as my own alternative (since all you guys did was bad-mouth, and you didnt help find an alternative to the judge at all) is the s&w 627. i only found that because tobor was talking about something like it. i like that gun a lot. then i realized that it is NOT an alternative weapon for the judge.

price matters!!! taurus judge- easily $400-$500. s&w 627- $700-$1000+

i understand if you are a loyal s&w fan or some bull like that, but not all of us are loaded. AND, say whatever you want, yes s&w are great guns, but taurus are also great guns. BOTH have lifetime warrenty. taurus may have sucked in the past, but nowadays they are on par with smittys. i simply dont have the extra cash to get a gun that will do the same thing as a gun for hundreds less.

i am not saying any of you are right or wrong about the judge. i just felt the need to join this forum to respond, seeing as how many of you have been absolutely NO help in my decision of my next gun.

bash all you like. through numbers around all you like. tell me another gun is better all you like. fact is, none of you gave me an alternative weapon to look at. you just seemed happy enough to talk shit and be done with it.

all that aside, i really really really like the s&w 627 and the 327, i just dont think i can afford either of them.. even if i could, i dont know if i could justify spending anywhere near over $700 on a HANDGUN. when you spend that kind of cash, thats when you start looking at rifles. *and for those of you who want to say you have plenty of rifles and want a really nice hadgun.. you are in the wrong thread!
    judge=affordable+ versatile, thats why people look into it. i am not one of those 1911 guys who spends over a grand on a stupid handgun. there are better uses for my money. you may all be old retired farts for all i know and have plenty of $$ saved up for any gun you want, but some of us are far more limitted.
    and although i really fell in love with that 627, i dont think it will be in my budget for a while. (with that kind of cash my socom 16 comes first. or an xd40 sub-compact and an sks, or even a lee-enfield no.4 mk2)

i would appreciate comments if you guys still wanna talk about this (since i still am at a loss of what gun to look for instead of the judge if it really does suck)

whoa, that was long-winded. sorry about that, i was just really irritated about all the bashing, and no REAL useful information to help in a better gun purchase..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by hungrybear View Post
    you guys suck.

i would appreciate comments if you guys still wanna talk about this (since i still am at a loss of what gun to look for instead of the judge if it really does suck)

whoa, that was long-winded. sorry about that, i was just really irritated about all the bashing, and no REAL useful information to help in a better gun purchase..
    No real useful information? There was plenty of it. Here's some. Don't buy into marketing gimmicks. The judge ain't good for car jackers. 650 fps won't kill a gnat. Better to teach your wife how to shoot accurately that hand her a judge and spray and pray. Sell all you stocks. Hmmm. I made that last one up, but I wish someone had said that two months ago.
    Every person is created equal and is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal.

-Wise Man, circa early 21st century.

(Chester County)

you guys suck.
    i realize that i missed this debate by a long shot, but the only reason i joined this forum is to tell you that you suck.
    i have been wanting to get a judge for months, and now i really am skeptical. i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gun that will fail me when i need it most.
    yet, at the same time, you all seem to be bashing the gun with extreme bias. i understand soo much negative feed back and bashing if a product really is that bad. however, you all say that there are better guns to shoot that ammo, and in fact better guns with better ammo than this multi purpose weapon. yet not even one of you has suggested a better buy.
    .410 and .45LC sucks in defensive use. period. buy a caliber that's worth carrying, your options are too many to list.

if it really does suck that much, well thats good to know. but what is better to know is an AFFORDABLE alternative.
    you all seem to forget that price is a factor with most of the people in the world. now, if you have a shitload of cash to though around and buy any gun you want, good for you. i, on the other hand, have little cas to work with which makes this an awesome buy.
    You know how expensive .410 buckshot and .45LC ammo is? A lot more than .357/ .38, or .45ACP.
    since reading all of this, i decided that as my own alternative (since all you guys did was bad-mouth, and you didnt help find an alternative to the judge at all) is the s&w 627. i only found that because tobor was talking about something like it. i like that gun a lot. then i realized that it is NOT an alternative weapon for the judge.
    Yeah, there is no alternative...and that's a good thing. It's the utility of the gun which sucks more than anything.
    price matters!!! taurus judge- easily $400-$500. s&w 627- $700-$1000+

i understand if you are a loyal s&w fan or some bull like that, but not all of us are loaded. AND, say whatever you want, yes s&w are great guns, but taurus are also great guns. BOTH have lifetime warrenty. taurus may have sucked in the past, but nowadays they are on par with smittys. i simply dont have the extra cash to get a gun that will do the same thing as a gun for hundreds less.
    Sorry, but no. I've seen 6 or 7 Taurus revolvers fail. Just plain old shit the bed. S&W is a much better build quality. THEY actually PAY to have problem guns shipped back, and turn them around in a number of days, not months. The Taurus warrenty is a joke...I've seen multiple Taurus's fail to get fixed after taking a return trip...and again the customer had to foot the bill AGAIN.

i am not saying any of you are right or wrong about the judge. i just felt the need to join this forum to respond, seeing as how many of you have been absolutely NO help in my decision of my next gun.

bash all you like. through numbers around all you like. tell me another gun is better all you like. fact is, none of you gave me an alternative weapon to look at. you just seemed happy enough to talk shit and be done with it.

all that aside, i really really really like the s&w 627 and the 327, i just dont think i can afford either of them.. even if i could, i dont know if i could justify spending anywhere near over $700 on a HANDGUN. when you spend that kind of cash, thats when you start looking at rifles. *and for those of you who want to say you have plenty of rifles and want a really nice hadgun.. you are in the wrong thread!
    judge=affordable+ versatile, thats why people look into it. i am not one of those 1911 guys who spends over a grand on a stupid handgun. there are better uses for my money. you may all be old retired farts for all i know and have plenty of $$ saved up for any gun you want, but some of us are far more limitted.
    and although i really fell in love with that 627, i dont think it will be in my budget for a while. (with that kind of cash my socom 16 comes first. or an xd40 sub-compact and an sks, or even a lee-enfield no.4 mk2)

What the hell is versatile about the Judge? It shoots .45LC ammo (poor terminal performance, and expensive to shoot) and .410 birdshot (what in the hell are you possibly going to use that for out of a 3" rifled barrel???), or .410 buckshot (extreemly hard to find, piss-poor terminal performance, and a scattered true 'spray and pray' type of fire).

How is a 5 shot, big heavy clunky gun, which shoot ineffective projectiles "versatile"?

If you don't call that information useful, sorry. Ask a pointed question, and you'll get a specific answer. If you wanna sit back and watch a conversation and get pissed off cause YOUR question, which you never asked, didn't get answered...why should we care?

Tell you what though, here are some better guns to carry.
    Glock
    M&P
    USP
    XD
    S&W any size frame .38 and up
    Sigma
    Beretta 92fs
    Sig 220, 226, 229
    etc.

(Blair County)

I do not understand how the posts have not helped you in your decision.

Obviously the general concensus is the Judge is not worth the money, is not a good defensive weapon and does not work. And that knowledge does not help you in your decision?

PAFOA is probably the best forum you will ever find for information about any segment of owning a firearm. Why else would people from Texas, Canada, Florida, etc. join?

A while back I was planning to purchase an Evil Roy wheel gun. I mentioned it here and got a LOT of great advice from people with EXPERIENCE with that type of revolver. I learned a lot about flat springs, coil springs, etc.

I bought a Ruger New Vaquero a week or so later. Simple as that.

I am certainly not bashing the Evil Roy type revolvers, I still wish I could try one. But what I learned here showed me that for MY lifestyle & type of shooting the Ruger would serve me better.

If you search the Internet you can find a lot of threads that support what you want to buy. You'll get that warm & fuzzy feeling and spend some ca$h.

Or you can come here and get an HONEST education.

Hell, I still own a Jennings automatic I bought 30 years ago. I'd trade it but would be too embarrassed to walk in to a gun shop with it.
    Last edited by Jailkeeper; October 10th, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

okay, i guess i need to think a little bit more before i start to talk.
    obviously there was information presented here that was helpful, otherwise i would not have taken the judge off of my list. and yes, i am greatful that such places exist, so that i dont end up WASTING my hard-earned cash on a piece of crap.
    i was not attacking any of you, i was merely trying to point out that this thread is 15 pages long. while some of these pages contain useful, critical information to steer me away from a bad buy, most of it is the same crap that was on the previous page.
    i dont care, whatever, im over it.

on the other hand, you guys seemed to have missed my points overall.
    -i wanted the judge a lot, now i dont because i realize it sucks i guess.
    -i would like to know what other revolvers you guys suggest.
    -(15 pages of bashing sucks. with every new page i thought i would see maybe some judge bashing, followed up with a suggestion of a better purchase. instead it was all bashing and no 'buffer zone')
    -i think i have decided that whatever revolver i end up getting, it will be a .357 since i can shoot both .357 and .38special out of it. and that ammo is way more readilly available.
    -i really like that 627, but i dont think it will be within my budget. soooo, what is a good revolver of that caliber that is around the price range of the judge ($400-$500ish)??
    and i know lots of gun companies too. listing off companies is not what i mean when i say 'what is an alternative weapon'.

maybe a better way to put this is,
    the judge is off my list. the 627 has replaced it. i cant afford that as of now. what is a more affordable revolver (NOT a snubby) than the s&w 627 that still can hold up in a comparison of the two?

(Chester County)

obviously there was information presented here that was helpful, otherwise i would not have taken the judge off of my list. and yes, i am greatful that such places exist, so that i dont end up WASTING my hard-earned cash on a piece of crap.
    i was not attacking any of you, i was merely trying to point out that this thread is 15 pages long. while some of these pages contain useful, critical information to steer me away from a bad buy, most of it is the same crap that was on the previous page.

-(15 pages of bashing sucks. with every new page i thought i would see maybe some judge bashing, followed up with a suggestion of a better purchase. instead it was all bashing and no 'buffer zone')
    -i think i have decided that whatever revolver i end up getting, it will be a .357 since i can shoot both .357 and .38special out of it. and that ammo is way more readilly available.
    -i really like that 627, but i dont think it will be within my budget. soooo, what is a good revolver of that caliber that is around the price range of the judge ($400-$500ish)??
    and i know lots of gun companies too. listing off companies is not what i mean when i say 'what is an alternative weapon'.

the judge is off my list. the 627 has replaced it. i cant afford that as of now. what is a more affordable revolver (NOT a snubby) than the s&w 627 that still can hold up in a comparison of the two?
    So...after all the bitching about how this thread didn't help you....you want to know what a comparable revolver to the Judge is?
    There isn't one. That's the point.

You're interested in a large frame .357 revolver? Have you tried searching ".357 revolver" in the little box at the top of this page?

1) http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...er-winner.html

2)http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...-revolver.html

3)http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pistols-4...questions.html

(Blair County)

Perhaps a better way of handling this would have been to ask for advice on an alternative revolver, preferably in .357 caliber.

Rarely does a new member tell everyone they suck. Not a good way to start off on a forum.

There is a plethora of advice on .357 wheelguns here. Use the search feature and you will get a wonderful education!

I recently purchased a .357 revolver to play with simply because .38 ammo is comparatively inexpensive.

And as far as you reading 15 pages? Nobody forced you.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

geeze you guys are so sensative and cynical. i wasn't attacking you.
    i was saying you suck because i didnt get the information i SHOULD have gotten out of 15 pages. instead, i had to read a flame war.
    you are absolutely right, nobody made me read this whole thing but myself. then again if i was prepairing to spend a great deal of money on a car, i would do the same thing. i would look into forums and expect to get useful information about making a decision on my next purchase. my money and the way i spend it is not something i take lightly. if i see a forum with a thread on a certain item that i have been wanting to obtain, i am going to read every single page in hope that with each new page i wil find more new useful info, rather than the same thing as on the last 10 pages.
    yes, now i realize that the judge is not a smart purchase. but after finding that out where do you go? there is no respectable alternative to the judge, so you say, so now i have to join a different thread to obtain information on a better buy? rediculous.
    yes, yes, its easy to jump into another thread and talk about other guns. the point is, i was talking about this gun. i wanted a judge and if it isnt by any means a good gun, then i dont want it. it shouldnt be to much for me to expect SOMEONE to provide further information, in this topic, about a smarter buy.
    you all bash the judge. its okay that you bash the judge because its a lowsy weapon. imho, in this kind of a discussion, it is not appropriate to bash this gun and not suggest a better choice that you would choose over the judge.

-if you had between $400-500, and you wouldnt buy the judge, what would you buy in place of it instead, to serve the same purpose you were going to buy the judge for?

maybe you all own a hundred piece arcenal, and this topic really doesnt mean that much to you. but for me, this is an important issue. i dont own many guns. i want a reliable versatile revolver.
    say whatever you want, the ability to shoot different rounds in a gun does make it versatile. thus, the judge fell on top of my list (on top of other reason that failed to be true, which you guys cleared up for me). but that is the reason i decided to look into the other guns.
    you all look like you are fairly familiar with guns and know a great deal, enough so to post all over this forum. i shouldnt have to dig through other countless pages of flame wars to find out that half the population prefers s&w while the other half is divided between taurus and ruger fans. if you say one gun is a p.o.s., that is absolutly awesome to know before i waste that money.
    now that i know full and well that the judge sucks, and that there are plenty of other threads to read flame wars on, i say this..
    you seem to be an honest enough bunch of folks, and i trust what you are saying about firearms. i would also trust that such a knowledgeable community of gun owners would have some better advice in every topic about what is a better purchase.
    ex.- if a rail for sights on a gun sucks, i deffinately want to know that. if a certain sight is no good, i want to know that to. but in each of these topics i sould be able to read the reasons why they are bad, AND THEN read your reccomendation of a smarter purchase. same goes for the judge topic. im glad i know better than to spend my money on it, but i would still like to know what some of you gun enthusiasts think would be an alternative. and dont try to tell me there is no alternative, because then its obvious that you just dont know what the word 'alternative' means.

again, im not trying to attack anyone. but you need to read what i actually said before commenting back. because most of you seem to miss the point completely, and you act like i am personally attacking you.
    that is just plain and simply far from the truth.

(Luzerne County)

-if you had between $400-500, and you wouldnt buy the judge, what would you buy in place of it instead, to serve the same purpose you were going to buy the judge for?

again, im not trying to attack anyone. but you need to read what i actually said before commenting back. because most of you seem to miss the point completely, and you act like i am personally attacking you.
    that is just plain and simply far from the truth.
    Boy you sure know how to make friends.

What do you plan to do with the $400 to $500 hand gun. You are doing the same thing that you accuse the thread of doing. NOT GIVING ENOUGH INFO.

Do you plan on this being a defensive weapon? Do you want an auto loader? .357mag.

If money is tight you should stay away from some of the magnum calibers.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1927A1 View Post
    After reading 2 reviews it seems like a good close up and personal revolver.
    I wonder how long it will be until the 3" ctg. model is available?
    9.5" OAL for the 3" bbl. model, and 11.75" on the 6" bbl model, the smaller model being a little larger then a 5" bbl 1911. It would be nice to see how they hold up after a few years of use.
    i know taurus is not a ttop shelf product, but my Raging bull 454 casull with an 8 3/8ths barrel has held up for a thousand + rounds with no problem...

i think they are one of those companies that 90% of the stuff you buy from them is perfect, 9% is a little off and just needs a small repair and 1% is flat out wrong needing a replacement... oh, wait that is just about EVERY company... i hear of top shelf kimbers having to go back a few times befofe they are right...

i have been eyeballing a couple different judge's and will have one some day...
    This Space For Rent

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast