Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default 327 M&P R8 vs 327 TRR8...

Got an email answer back from S&W, Mark Rossini. He said the main difference is that the rail mounts are removable on the TRR8. From my reading, I think the top rail is removable on both, the bottom rail can be removed on the TRR8

(Montgomery County)

Default Went and did it: new TRR.

Well, I went and did it today. Walked out with a brand spankin' new S&W 327 TRR8 and about a grand poorer. What a beaut. Lighter than I expected when empty.

A quick question. Is it safe to dry fire the gun? According to what I could see on the S&W website, only a few .22's are listed as not being safe to dry fire.

So I assume that it is safe, yet an empty cartridge was included. Makes me wonder why.

Edit: Pics to come later. I'm a pretty good photographer, so I think I'll do it justice!

(Blair County)

Default Re: Went and did it: new TRR.

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    Well, I went and did it today. Walked out with a brand spankin' new S&W 327 TRR8 and about a grand poorer. What a beaut. Lighter than I expected when empty.

A quick question. Is it safe to dry fire the gun? According to what I could see on the S&W website, only a few .22's are listed as not being safe to dry fire.

So I assume that it is safe, yet an empty cartridge was included. Makes me wonder why.
    Congratulations Tobor! I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it. Of course we want, nay... we DEMAND range reports!

I believe several states have laws requiring the factory to shoot the handguns before they leave the factory. The empty cartridge is proof that the gun was fired.

Can't help you on the dry fire question though.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Went and did it: new TRR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    Congratulations Tobor! I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it. Of course we want, nay... we DEMAND range reports!

I believe several states have laws requiring the factory to shoot the handguns before they leave the factory. The empty cartridge is proof that the gun was fired.

Can't help you on the dry fire question though.
    Thanks for the congrats!

Yes, I'll hit the range later this week. About the empty cartridge, that makes sense, as the small envelope it came in was signed or initialed by someone, and his name was also printed on it.
    Last edited by tobor; July 1st, 2008 at 10:03 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Taurus' The Judge

I would love to get one of those or the snake slayer from bond arms. can you imagine what that 410 would do to a carjacker's chest from 2ft away. Dayum.

Dave
    3%

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
    I would love to get one of those or the snake slayer from bond arms. can you imagine what that 410 would do to a carjacker's chest from 2ft away. Dayum.

Dave
    But supposed your window is closed? Suppose he's wearing glasses and the shot bounces back at you? Supposed it's IS a lethal shot, (the 410) but the guy dies five minutes *after* he's managed to get off a round from his 357?

At first I really like the Judge. Now I'm wondering what it's really for, besides a novelty item. Maybe it'll draw more people into gun ownership. I guess that would be a good thing.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post

Dave
    Dave ~ While not trying to argue with Tobor I will say this... If you want a Snake Slayer buy one! I bought one a couple years ago.

I have the .45/.410 barrel, the .40 barrel and also the .357 Maximum barrel. It is a beautiful pistol and a blast to shoot!

As I posted a long time ago on another thread (somewhere) I looked at a Snake Slayer one day while out to lunch. On the way back to the office I called the factory with questions. A fellow named Charlie answered my questions so well I turned around, went back to the shop, and bought it.

I also purchased a couple holsters from the factory. The pocket holster I did not like, and ONE YEAR later I emailed Charlie & asked him if I could exchange it for their "Driving Holster". Charlie emailed me back and said yes, I could exchange the holster. Support like that means something!
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Montgomery County)

Off topic a bit, but what would you guys recommend for ammo? I figure I'll get some experience with TRR8 using 38's, but would also like to use the 357 a bit too.

Brands, types?

Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    Dave ~ While not trying to argue with Tobor I will say this... If you want a Snake Slayer buy one! I bought one a couple years ago.

I have the .45/.410 barrel, the .40 barrel and also the .357 Maximum barrel. It is a beautiful pistol and a blast to shoot!

As I posted a long time ago on another thread (somewhere) I looked at a Snake Slayer one day while out to lunch. On the way back to the office I called the factory with questions. A fellow named Charlie answered my questions so well I turned around, went back to the shop, and bought it.

I also purchased a couple holsters from the factory. The pocket holster I did not like, and ONE YEAR later I emailed Charlie & asked him if I could exchange it for their "Driving Holster". Charlie emailed me back and said yes, I could exchange the holster. Support like that means something!
    i would consider getting one of those when I'm out in the woods "shooting," photography that is. Nice and small, god for snakes. Don't think we have many in PA though, do we?
    I guess I could always use shot a cartridge in my new revolver, but I don't think I want the lead in that baby.

Haven't seen the 3" anywhere....I have the 2.5"....fantastic weapon.

Got mine from Gunbroker.com

No regrets at all...

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast