Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus' The Judge

Tobor,

Congrats on making a fine decision. You'll be able to shoot 38spl for practice and 357 for defense. I strongly urge you to get some professional training though. The NRA Basic Pistol course is an excellent start. Most gun clubs and ranges offer it. It's much easier to build good habits from the start rather than break bad ones.

Good luck.

EDIT:: I stay out of Jersey as much as possible....
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Tobor,

Congrats on making a fine decision. You'll be able to shoot 38spl for practice and 357 for defense. I strongly urge you to get some professional training though. The NRA Basic Pistol course is an excellent start. Most gun clubs and ranges offer it. It's much easier to build good habits from the start rather than break bad ones.

Good luck.

EDIT:: I stay out of Jersey as much as possible....
    Thanks Napalm. I think I'm going to sign up for a course his week.

Also, wanted to than Synergy again. I heard the ehco of his posts in my mind all night. That, and the other reading I did, sealed the deal.

(Berks County)

Good call on ditching the Judge as a SD/HD tool. Theyre a neat concept, but terribly executed.

You sounded like you were talking about the scandium TR8 revolver as a possibility. The price on those is high, but its absolutley a situation of 'you get what you pay for'. I know the two big hangups for people about wheelguns are ammo capacity and weight, which I think the TR8 solves both nicely, while giving the stout reliability of a S&W revolver.

(Chester County)

The TRR8 is one HELL of a revolver.

Shooting that gun with a red dot and .38 specials was probably the most fun I've ever had with a revolver.

I want that model more than any other revolver out there.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    The TRR8 is one HELL of a revolver.

Shooting that gun with a red dot and .38 specials was probably the most fun I've ever had with a revolver.

I want that model more than any other revolver out there.
    Commonhighrise and Synergy:

I called and asked my uncle. It's called the the 327 TRR9. I asked him about the one you two mentioned, he said it's basically the same gun, with two differences. He said one rail is removable on the TRR8, and he also said he believed, but wasn't sure, that the trigger action on the TRR8 was a bit more fine tuned. I went up to the S&W site, I couldn't see any difference. Seems like the MSRP is identical.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    Commonhighrise and Synergy:

I called and asked my uncle. It's called the the 327 TRR9. I asked him about the one you two mentioned, he said it's basically the same gun, with two differences. He said one rail is removable on the TRR8, and he also said he believed, but wasn't sure, that the trigger action on the TRR8 was a bit more fine tuned. I went up to the S&W site, I couldn't see any difference. Seems like the MSRP is identical.
    I couldn't tell you.....the TRR8 I shot was the property of one of the S&W PC techs...it had a wonderful trigger, but I don't know if they all come that way...or if he'd worked on it.

(Montgomery County)

I couldn't tell you.....the TRR8 I shot was the property of one of the S&W PC techs...it had a wonderful trigger, but I don't know if they all come that way...or if he'd worked on it.
    I did a google search, found no mention of a trigger difference. I did find:

"he TRR8 has a see through ejector rod shroud and all the rails are removable.

The M&P's under the barrel rail appears to be part of the gun."

My Uncle told me a gun dealer he uses has brand new TRR8 in stock, one someone else who ordered a few weeks ago, but at the last minute decided against. Wifey found about about it I guess.

Said he'll probably make a good deal for me. I'll let you all know later in the week. Is that gun small enough to holster without looking too goofy? I was reading about these "open carry" get-togethers and dinners. One I read about took place in my area, in the Philly suburbs. I would like to attend, but don't think I'd like to look like I'm carrying a bazooka to dinner!
    Last edited by tobor; June 30th, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    I did a google search, found no mention of a trigger difference. I did find:

"he TRR8 has a see through ejector rod shroud and all the rails are removable.

The M&P's under the barrel rail appears to be part of the gun."

My Uncle told me a gun dealer he uses has brand new TRR8 in stock, one someone else who ordered a few weeks ago, but at the last minute decided against. Wifey found about about I guess.

Said he'll probably make a good deal for me. I'll let you all know later in the week. Is that gun small enough to holster without looking too goofy? I was reading about these 'open carry" get-togethers and dinners. One I read about took place in my area, in the Philly suburbs. I would like to attend, but don't think I'd like to look like I'm carrying a bazooka to dinner!
    If you're serious about getting one, just call up S&W and talk to them about the differences.

You could carry it, but it'll be a large item to hide. it's more of a fighting gun than a concealment gun.

IIRC, it was built for NYPD SWAT for their shield guys. Semi's had a tendency to have their slide hit the shield, and short cycle the weapon. The TRR8 allows the mounting of a laser/light to permit alternative aiming techniques while it's being held in front of a shield.

(Montgomery County)

If you're serious about getting one, just call up S&W and talk to them about the differences.

You could carry it, but it'll be a large item to hide. it's more of a fighting gun than a concealment gun.

IIRC, it was built for NYPD SWAT for their shield guys. Semi's had a tendency to have their slide hit the shield, and short cycle the weapon. The TRR8 allows the mounting of a laser/light to permit alternative aiming techniques while it's being held in front of a shield.
    Good idea, I'll call S&W. I'm not interested in concealment, just open carry. I'd use a holster, but again, I don't want to look too "gun-happy," if you know what I mean. Think it would too big holstered on a hip?

(Montgomery County)

Yea, I read an article about SWAT upfront guys using the TRR8.

Incidentally, I didn't read your first post about the TRR8 accurately. That *is* the gun my Uncle recommended. The other very similar one is the R8. I emailed S&W asking about the differences. I think I'll be going with the TRR8 though. My uncle borrowed it today, let me fondle this this evening. Beautiful, I like it alot. I think I'm going to purchase one tomorrow!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast