Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Carbines

(Berks County)

Default Re: 9mm Carbines

My Beretta Storm 9mm is one of my favorite carbines, and I would consider it to be a "go-to" gun. It is spot on accurate and a joy to shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Cumberland County)

I have one of these in 9mm:
    http://www.militarygunsupply.com/sho...roducts_id=383

I wanted a military quality pistol caliber carbine. All of the "commercial" offerings have too much plastic for my taste. This is 100% steal. It's ugly as hell, but as one of my co-workers said, "Wow, this thing is all business".

I hate to say it again, but the Russians know how to design a gun. When compared side by side, this thing makes an AK look like a Swiss watch. If it were any more simple, you would have a pointy stone on the end of a long stick.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Columbia County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Why not just buy a semi uzi carbine? Seems to be the logical answer since you already shot one and liked it.
    Aren't they a lot more than $500ish?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Aren't they a lot more than $500ish?
    I sold my Vector Uzi with some extra accessories last week for $750. I have seen them in that ballpark frequently.

G4F and I are saying the same thing here. Why not save some $ and get what you really want to get since there is a good chance that you won't like any of the $500ish 9mm carbine? Other than the caliber, barrel length, and stock ... none of the other carbines have even a remote resemblance to the Uzi in both form and function (well, they both expel bullets out of a barrel )

Al

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I sold my Vector Uzi with some extra accessories last week for $750. I have seen them in that ballpark frequently.

G4F and I are saying the same thing here. Why not save some $ and get what you really want to get since there is a good chance that you won't like any of the $500ish 9mm carbine? Other than the caliber, barrel length, and stock ... none of the other carbines have even a remote resemblance to the Uzi in both form and function (well, they both expel bullets out of a barrel )

Al
    I thought that they were more than that ... closer to $1K. Never really looked into them.

I definitely see what you guys are saying ... but you never know what's out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I thought that they were more than that ... closer to $1K. Never really looked into them.

I definitely see what you guys are saying ... but you never know what's out there.
    You can find good condition IMI Uzi's for around the $1100 - $1200 mark. I sold my 9mm Vector because I found a great deal on an almost new .45ACP IMI with a 9mm IMI conversion kit. Can't wait to be done with work today 'cause I'm taking her out tonight for the first date .

There is just something about the Uzi. As much as I love AK's, AR's, etc., the Uzi has a very distinct feel and look that just screams "classic".

Al

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    the KELTEC SUB-2000 is the way to go IMO. Very accurate, light weight and if you get the one that takes Glock mags, 33 rd magazines are awesome. They're actually good quality and an unbeatable weapon for the price.....
    yer probably not going to get a better value than this ina 9mm carbine.

I've had 2.. one that took S&W mags, and one that takes Glock.

I sold the first one when i sold my SW5906, then bought the Glock one when i got a LE surplus G17.

33rd mags, has shot every hollowpoint I can find, is accurate, even at 100yds, is light, and utterly reliable.
    Plus... it folds

get a Sub 2K.. if you have a SW 5900 series gun, or a Beretta92, or a Glock 9, this is the perfect companion carbine for that sidearm.
    yes, the Sub 2K uses plastic handguards, and a plastic frame, the rest is metal.

as a note, Hipoint carbines are overall junk...skip them, they inevitably break at the worst time. Yes, HiPoint will fix them, has a great warranty... but they need it because the gun is junk.

Uzis are VERY heavy for a 9mm carbine... I have a IMI Full Auto uzi, and a semi IMI in 9mm (converted to 45 using grease gun mags) they are good quality accurate guns, but HEAVY, with a short sight radius and fairly poor ergonomics for such a heavy gun... which leads to super light recoil also.

Camp Carbines: sweet guns, I've owned the 9mm and 45 versions, no longer made, they take S&W mags.

I also have had various 9mm uppers for my M16 and my AR15 SBR, both colt style, and the olympic style. the Colt style that uses Uzi type mags, the Oly uses Sten mags. i kept the oly type, its reliably shoot HPs, the Colt style does not.

the various emi versions of WWII Suomis, and PPSHs, Sterlings Stens and such.. I've only shot the real thing, so cant advise.
    Last edited by JayBell; November 19th, 2009 at 05:00 PM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

The Kel-Tec Sub-2000, you will not be disappointed. You WILL be surprised at how accurate they are. You can buy a stock extender from Kel-Tec to make it shoulder a little better.

Just don't go spend $500+ bucks at some asshole gun shop or gunbroker, go to National Sporting Goods in Jersey Shore and you'll spend about $300, for a brand new Glock model (if 33 round mags are your thing).

(Delaware County)

I'll put in another word for M11/9 semi-auto clones. Check out the Lage website to see what you can do with one.

My M11/9 with the MAX-11 actually seems more accurate than my RRA 9mm AR, even firing from open-bolt.

Masterpiece Arms is making M11/9 clones that take STEN mags. MSRP for the side-cocking rifle with scope mount is $580, but you can probably get one cheaper, and you can find the mags for about $10.
    Last edited by Suburban; November 20th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast