Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Carbines

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 9mm Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Montgomery County)

Why not just buy a semi uzi carbine? Seems to be the logical answer since you already shot one and liked it.

(Bucks County)

the KELTEC SUB-2000 is the way to go IMO. Very accurate, light weight and if you get the one that takes Glock mags, 33 rd magazines are awesome. They're actually good quality and an unbeatable weapon for the price.....
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Allegheny County)

I did thoroughly enjoy shooting ShawnL's sub-2000 in 9mm Glock. He had the 33rd magazine - fun shooter.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

KT Sub2k in 9mm GLOCK

If you have a Sig or IIRC Berretta or SW they make some other models that take those mags.

light, cheap, nifty fold in half thing it does, 33rnd factory mags, and it goes plink,plink,plink,plinkity,plink,plink

I hate the sights on the Uzi's and MAC's , not to mention the craptastic wire stocks. The wood stocks might be nicer but they look odd. The sub has decent peep sights with a real carbine length sight radius.

FWIW my sub is always a crowd pleaser at group shoots, its just so fun to hit steel with.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    the KELTEC SUB-2000 is the way to go IMO. Very accurate, light weight and if you get the one that takes Glock mags, 33 rd magazines are awesome. They're actually good quality and an unbeatable weapon for the price.....
    Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    I did thoroughly enjoy shooting ShawnL's sub-2000 in 9mm Glock. He had the 33rd magazine - fun shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    KT Sub2k in 9mm GLOCK

If you have a Sig or IIRC Berretta or SW they make some other models that take those mags.

light, cheap, nifty fold in half thing it does, 33rnd factory mags, and it goes plink,plink,plink,plinkity,plink,plink

I hate the sights on the Uzi's and MAC's , not to mention the craptastic wire stocks. The wood stocks might be nicer but they look odd. The sub has decent peep sights with a real carbine length sight radius.

FWIW my sub is always a crowd pleaser at group shoots, its just so fun to hit steel with.
    Yes, yes and yes. The kel-tec is sweet. I have seen it do head shots at 100 mtrs. Two members, Cpratt and Low Capacity, have some fairly hooked up carbines. Very simple and useful.

As soon as I get the Off-Duty Supervisor on board, I am getting one. My 11 yo Son loves it.

Be safe (and simplify).

Scott

(Bucks County)

Calicos are nice and mags be had in 50 and 100rd capacity. The drawback is that mags can be $$$.

The AR platform is an awesome setup! The key to a happy 9mm AR is to use a real heavy buffer. The Colt 9mm buffer (5.3 oz) works quite well and going a bit heavier with a tungsten buffer as long as it doesn't affect the function will go a long way. On the flip side, the entry price can be anywhere from 750 - 1000 depending on how you go.

You can' go wrong with an UZI. IMI, GI, Nornico, all seem to work quite well. Parts are cheap, most of the world uses it so finding parts really isn't an issue for the next 200 years. I have yet to see an Uzi fail or just break for that matter. Once again the entry cost can be high.

Those are my 3 choices for a 9mm carbine. All would be worth the effort of putting one on layaway and eating ramen noodles for a month!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Used Marlin Camp 9's can be found from time to time. They use S&W 59 series mags. The one I had was a dandy and shot everything.
    I have one of these. Aside from the Zytel trigger guard and mag well, they're pretty tight, fun shooters, and accurate. I like to think of 'em as a 9mm 10/22.

(Philadelphia County)

There isn't going to be another 9mm carbine that is going to be like an Uzi. If you shot and Uzi and loved it, then save up and get an Uzi. I've shot a few other 9mm carbines, but NOTHING is like an Uzi. Did I say nothing already?

Al
    PS: Beretta CX4 in 9mm is actually a pretty decent carbine.
    PPS: Get an Uzi.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Seen those before, but these days nice wood isnt my cup-o-tea.

Cold folding metal is what im looking for in the next collection addition.
    Cold folding metal? You REALLY want the Sterling MK6 Carbine, a hair under $600.00. Lotsa folks doing the SBR thing to get away from the goofy 16" bbl.

Unless of course you can swing the $8K for one of the NFA "STEnlings" that are out there.
    In any event, one really fun shooter and probably the BEST hi-cap mags ever designed for a pistol-cal gun.

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/785...tml#post971476

Something a bit more Tavor-ish?, as others said - the Beretta 9mm carbine, but they are in the $700's. At least they are one of the few pistol-cal carbines that don't look stoopid with the 16" bbl.

Your original desire for an Uzi carbine is understandable, I added a mil-surp detachable wood butt to mine for that IDF look. Wish I'd have kept the Uzi, but back then, they were readily found and affordable and replaceable. Same as HK94s.

Who knew.
    Last edited by nfafan; November 19th, 2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: correct english pidgin did I

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast