Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Exclamation Remington 700 5R, Suppressor, your thoughts?

Thinking about getting a Remington 700 5R Milspec in .308 with some variety of suppressor(to avoid annoying the neighbors too much). Thoughts on this would be appreciated, will I run into problems with the heavy barrel? Gunsmiths local to Chester county who could do a good job on this?

Thanks guys

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Remington 700 5R, Suppressor, your thoughts?

I'm planning on eventually doing the same thing to my 5R.

Thoughts ... go for it. Shouldn't have any problems at all. I know some of the suppressor companies will thread barrels and make a nice barrel nut for you at the same time. I haven't done any research yet on the can because I have a few other projects to work on first.

Hopefully forceinpa will chime in with opinions on cans as he is a dealer.

I know that several members have threaded Remmy 700s, hopefully they will post too.

btw ... great choice on the 5R. I absolutely love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lehigh County)

I am planning to add a supressor to my 700 as well. (that's the reason I went with the 20" barrel) I need to upgrade my glass first though.

If you go through with it, please post your range report.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Chester County)

Having done a lot more research and signed up for a SilencerResearch.com account, it looks like I'l be getting the AAC Cyclone 08. Guess I'l be posting up results in a few months when all the paperwork is done.

(Chester County)

Also, never did get an answer, who is local to Chester county who does a good job with this kind of work?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Also, never did get an answer, who is local to Chester county who does a good job with this kind of work?
    I'm going tomorrow to have some beers with a very good friend of mine who has a full machine shop at his house. He is no joke. Works at a machine shop and comes home and works in his machine shop. He has cut down and threaded a couple 700 barrels for me in the past. The threads end up dead nuts concentric with the bore (extremely important)!! He's in Lancaster though, not too far but not exactly close. If you don't want to remove the barrel from the action, you would have to come to him since he does not have a FFL. I will ask him if he wants more work. I'll let you know. Remind me if you don't hear back.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    I'm going tomorrow to have some beers with a very good friend of mine who has a full machine shop at his house. He is no joke. Works at a machine shop and comes home and works in his machine shop. He has cut down and threaded a couple 700 barrels for me in the past. The threads end up dead nuts concentric with the bore (extremely important)!! He's in Lancaster though, not too far but not exactly close. If you don't want to remove the barrel from the action, you would have to come to him since he does not have a FFL. I will ask him if he wants more work. I'll let you know. Remind me if you don't hear back.
    I'm actually in Lancaster right now, just my main house is back in Chester county. I'd want to see some past work of his because I want this mounting to be absolutely perfect.

FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    I'm actually in Lancaster right now, just my main house is back in Chester county. I'd want to see some past work of his because I want this mounting to be absolutely perfect.
    It is professional quality but I honestly do not expect you to just believe me on blind faith. Unfortunately, I have sold the rifles he threaded to afford a TacOps Tango-51. I have a fill in rifle, 308 700 SPS Tactical, thats supposed to be in my dealer middle of next week. It's going straight from there to my buddy (hence why I am buying him some beers tomorrow) to get the muzzle threads. As soon as it's finished, you can check it out/shoot it with my can/beg me to buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    It is professional quality but I honestly do not expect you to just believe me on blind faith. Unfortunately, I have sold the rifles he threaded to afford a TacOps Tango-51. I have a fill in rifle, 308 700 SPS Tactical, thats supposed to be in my dealer middle of next week. It's going straight from there to my buddy (hence why I am buying him some beers tomorrow) to get the muzzle threads. As soon as it's finished, you can check it out/shoot it with my can/beg me to buy it...
    whats a good price for a sps in 308
    FJB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast