Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Tech people and recruiters, need a favor

Well as much as I hate to even post this our son has decided to drop out of grad school. Various reasons, some I can understand, some I cannot, Tootie and I are quite upset about this, first off because we want him to go as far as he can go with his education but secondly now after 6 years we are back to having 'a kid in the house'. Not that he is a bad kid mind you, it's just when he is bored (and broke) he tends to get a tad miserable and then he and I tend to clash a bit (exact same personality .... my fault)

So anyways the one good side is he is committed to finding a job and moving on with his life, in this of course we want to help. He has a BS in computer science, with a minor in criminology from IUP (graduated cum laude). His course track was basically an NSA sponsored track with very heavy computer security training.

He is basically looking for an entry level "Systems and network security" position. He does have some experience as he did a paid internship two summers ago for a big cable company in NJ as well as working with me on quite a few programming projects.

I'm looking for any and all of you recruiters or those that are employed in the field and know of places he can send in his resume. He is looking at anywhere from NC to as far north as Vermont.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Tech people and recruiters, need a favor

Damn, I really wish this had been posted yesterday. A buddy of mine was at the show, and I could have told him to look you up and see if he could do anything to help out. I'll see if his company (major IT security) has any openings right now.

Are you going to be out at Split Rock again today? Things have been crazy lately, but I'm hoping to get there. Is stand at the same location as last time? I bought several hundred of the remanufactured Golden Saber .40 at the Warner table. But it was from a pretty lady, so I'm sure that wasn't you. LOL I have an idea of who it may have been though.

My buddy may be out again today, if so, I'll mention this, and have him swing by.

Ok, take care, and good luck to your son. It's a rough time to be looking for a job, but he is in one of the better ones to be looking in right now.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well as much as I hate to even post this our son has decided to drop out of grad school. Various reasons, some I can understand, some I cannot, Tootie and I are quite upset about this, first off because we want him to go as far as he can go with his education but secondly now after 6 years we are back to having 'a kid in the house'. Not that he is a bad kid mind you, it's just when he is bored (and broke) he tends to get a tad miserable and then he and I tend to clash a bit (exact same personality .... my fault)

So anyways the one good side is he is committed to finding a job and moving on with his life, in this of course we want to help. He has a BS in computer science, with a minor in criminology from IUP (graduated cum laude). His course track was basically an NSA sponsored track with very heavy computer security training.

He is basically looking for an entry level "Systems and network security" position. He does have some experience as he did a paid internship two summers ago for a big cable company in NJ as well as working with me on quite a few programming projects.

I'm looking for any and all of you recruiters or those that are employed in the field and know of places he can send in his resume. He is looking at anywhere from NC to as far north as Vermont.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Did he graduate from ESU?

I'd point him towards DC. DOD, NSA, FBI, CIA. That was my dream before I found out how much I didn't want to code for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Did he graduate from ESU?

I'd point him towards DC. DOD, NSA, FBI, CIA. That was my dream before I found out how much I didn't want to code for the rest of my life
    Nope, he graduated from IUP

(Carbon County)

PM sent.

10 characters