Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Northern Liberties Group Shoot

Hey everybody. There's been a bit of interest at the Northern Liberties message boards about a possible NL group shoot. There are enough of us, for sure, it'd just be a matter of spreading the word and figuring out logistics (sounds easy when it is put that way...)

What days of the week and times are usually good for people? All of Monday, all of Sunday and Friday afternoon are good for me - I could squeeze out some of my regular stuff if necessary. Wednesday during the day as well.

Where do people like to shoot? I've got a membership at The Firing Line, a little gritty, but that's just atmosphere. Spag is OK too, I guess, but they always seem to cost more. I'd be willing to go wherever, though. Any thoughts on location?

Closimo's is out, heh.

Looking forward to it, if we can make it happen. Even if it's just a few people you're still meeting people. I haven't got to shoot with JID in philly for a while now.

Maybe we could even go so far as to set up a monthly time and place, or a monthly time and switching place, or whatever. I know there is Sundays at SPAG but we could have an NL specific deal. Maybe a burger or something afterwards at N 3rd or a beer at the Standard tap or something.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Northern Liberties Group Shoot

Just let me know when. I need at least 1 day in advance. I guess I will start a new thread on the NoLibs message board announcing an upcoming shoot. I would love to have some people who have never shot join us.
    Last edited by JIDinPhilly; November 16th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.
    If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

(Philadelphia County)

There's already mention of it on AL's thread, and there is a small pro-anti slugfest going on here:http://northernlibertiesdotorg.typep...692585/show/2/

Maybe three gun-type threads at the top of the NL message boards is a bit much for some of our neighbors to handle

You've still got to shoot that snubby smith I picked up. I sold my G21SF, the .45 glock, but I have a Kahr PM9 coming in the mail in two or three days for you to shoot as well. It'd probably be a neat side by side comparison, the G26 with the little baby Kahr.

The places I have to go and the things I have to do there make it much simpler and more discreet to pocket carry nowadays.

Hopefully there is some interest from people who have never shot before, but I wouldn't mind shooting some paper and grabbing a burger with some other PAFOA people anyway.

down with a shoot.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sttaffy View Post
    There's already mention of it on AL's thread, and there is a small pro-anti slugfest going on here:http://northernlibertiesdotorg.typep...692585/show/2/

Maybe three gun-type threads at the top of the NL message boards is a bit much for some of our neighbors to handle

You've still got to shoot that snubby smith I picked up. I sold my G21SF, the .45 glock, but I have a Kahr PM9 coming in the mail in two or three days for you to shoot as well. It'd probably be a neat side by side comparison, the G26 with the little baby Kahr.

The places I have to go and the things I have to do there make it much simpler and more discreet to pocket carry nowadays.

Hopefully there is some interest from people who have never shot before, but I wouldn't mind shooting some paper and grabbing a burger with some other PAFOA people anyway.
    Can't wait. I sent you a private email about the SHTF.

(Delaware County)

Count me in. Aside from work, I really have no life. A chance to meet some folks in my (fairly new) neighborhood with a similar interest, and get away from the lady/dogs at home, sounds like a plan to me! Peace! Anyone can feel free to PM me with an scheduled updates.

(Philadelphia County)

How are Sunday's for the people that want to go?

(Philadelphia County)

Sundays are good for me

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

exactly what goes on at these shoots?
    I am new to this board, so forgive my ignorance.

Are women invited?
    My wife and I wouldn't mind to meet some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonltz28 View Post
    exactly what goes on at these shoots?
    I am new to this board, so forgive my ignorance.
    No reason to apologize. "Shoot" is shorthand for "A bunch of friends who enjoy shooting get together at a range to shoot and socialize". Typically, folks go out to eat either before or after, but not always.

Are women invited? My wife and I wouldn't mind to meet some of you.
    People are invited. I know the popular perception outside the community is that this is a "Boys Club" kind of hobby/lifestyle, but that's rapidly changing. This community (PAFOA) is a fine example of that, as we count many women amongst us as fellow shooters. Even if the guys are the primary shooters in a given couple, often times they'll bring their wives, girlfriends, etc. In fact, there are several families represented on the forum in which the wife/mom/girlfriend/what-have-you is the primary gun enthusiast with the male counterpart a distant second, if they shoot at all.

You'll find that we're a welcoming bunch of people and are happy -- even eager -- to help inexperienced shooters or those who have never shot before to get started. It's not uncommon for people to offer to share their guns with folks, particularly the ones they're most proud of.

If you're considering joining, please do! You'll have a great time and will meet some fine people!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast