Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Gun that shoots arrows !

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    A cleaning rod and a blank round will kill a monkey up in a tree with your stuff.
    Come on now, you can't just leave us hanging out there like that, lol.

(Northampton County)

I was there when it happened, but did not do it, and did not see it with my own eyes. But it was a common problem and not the first time this solution was used. Monkeys are a serious pain in the ass. And they love screwing with people in the middle of the night. And when you can't see them, their activity can be indistinguishable from human activity but for the lack of metallic noises. Unless they just stole somebody's shit.

(Monroe County)

I saw on UT I think a crossbow upper for the AR. Maybe that's what he is talking about.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...er-pse-tac-15/

... why?.....

(Lehigh County)

I was there when it happened, but did not do it, and did not see it with my own eyes. But it was a common problem and not the first time this solution was used. Monkeys are a serious pain in the ass. And they love screwing with people in the middle of the night. And when you can't see them, their activity can be indistinguishable from human activity but for the lack of metallic noises. Unless they just stole somebody's shit.
    This works... I have used a cleaning rod section and an M16 blank to take out a "VietCoon" at Ft Drum a few years ago. It works better with an extra blank worth of powder dumped down the barrel and a patch wrapped around the end of the rod section. (the end nearest the chamber)
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Line throwing gun?

Example:
    http://www.navalcompany.com/
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Line throwing gun?

Example:
    http://www.navalcompany.com/
    why does that thing have one of those paintball-marker, two-finger, rapid-fire triggers on it?

does the need to rapid fire grappling hooks arise often? (and where is the magazine that feeds the successive grappling hooks?)

F*S=k

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    why does that thing have one of those paintball-marker, two-finger, rapid-fire triggers on it?

does the need to rapid fire grappling hooks arise often? (and where is the magazine that feeds the successive grappling hooks?)

It's a crew served weapon. The AG is more commonly referred to as "Lefty"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post

I have shot a lot of strange things out of a 12 ga barrel. Someday I will tell you about the time I loaded up a shell with talcum powder. Let us just say, it wasn't like the cartoons.

Scott
    You can't drop a teaser like that and not deliver !!! Lets have it !!

(Union County)

Arrow Re: Gun that shoots arrows !

here ya go.... http://www.swivelmachine.com/html/rimfire.htm

THIS has GOT to be what you are looking for. They are AWESOME. Don't ask how I know but don't try to shoot for groups unless you wanna ruin many arrows. And 2512s aren't that easy to find just anywheres anymores....

You are welcome.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    You can't drop a teaser like that and not deliver !!! Lets have it !!
    Nothing is ever like it is on Television, especially cartoons!

I think I was about 12 or 13 yo. I had a sxs 12 ga that I used for our experiments. I say our, because I had a Brother 2 years older than I. Anyway, in place of the shot in the shell, I filled it with talcum powder and crimped it closed. Now, excitement was building, along with a good dose of sibling encouragement, and out the patio door I went.

Load the left barrel, look around, which turned out to be fortunate because I unknowingly cleared the back blast area. Point off into the field at a 45 degree angle and squeeze. I thought I was dead! The report was completely mind numbing, or certainly WAY more than should have been normal. But, that did not matter because the flash was so bright that it momentarily turned me deaf. Yes, you read that right, it was broad daylight and the flash was dumbfounding. But, that did not matter because the inconceivable acceleration of the shotgun spun it upward and rearward and struck me above my left brow. For a fleeting moment I thought that our Father had seen us, was upset with our activities and dropped a cement block off of the roof on my head. Thank goodness I was wrong, it was the shotgun that concussed me. When I gathered my senses, my Father was nowhere around, whew! Turned out it took a chunk out of the stock, right under my cheek and put a swell in the barrel about half way down. Who knows, it may become an NFA item.

So, there you have my adolescent lesson on Dust Explosions, a crash course, of sorts.

Be safe (and stay away from, thermobaric weapons, the accidental ones anyway).

Scott
    Last edited by Swarner793; November 18th, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast